ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee Do not want to put their passport number (British citizenship application)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zelkamel
Newly Registered

Referee Do not want to put their passport number (British citizenship application)

Post by zelkamel » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:58 pm

My referee does not want to give his passport number but he does have one, so when I answer yes in the online application it asks for the number and it can not be empty. So what should I add it, so do I just put 000s and then explain at the end that they do not want to include their passport number or should I look for the different referee.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Referee Do not want to put their passport number (British citizenship application)

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:54 pm

Difficult to advise but best to look for somebody else. Strange the reluctance of some people to provide to UKVI a number that HMPO have issued, both Home Office departments ....
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

R-graphite
Mood:

Re: Referee Do not want to put their passport number (British citizenship application)

Post by R-graphite » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:10 pm

Passport number is a requirement to verify his /her citizenship.
zelkamel wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:58 pm
My referee does not want to give his passport number but he does have one, so when I answer yes in the online application it asks for the number and it can not be empty. So what should I add it, so do I just put 000s and then explain at the end that they do not want to include their passport number or should I look for the different referee.
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:06 am

zelkamel wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:58 pm
It's best to find someone else, as others said HO needs to check they're British citizens. Good luck

sonata

Post by sonata » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:06 pm

Saw a FOI reply from the HO in January of this year with a response suggesting Referee Passport number is not necessarily required but also not providing it is not a grounds for refusal, but goes on to add they will make an attempt to contact the referee and get those details from them (which to me only serves to slow down the application process for you).

Worst, this answer by the HO is partially inaccurate given that the online form will not let you enter a referee without providing their passport details. So as others have rightly suggested here (and to avoid unnecessary delays) find some one who is willing to give you the passport number.

zelkamel
Newly Registered

British citizenship application online help please :(

Post by zelkamel » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:12 pm

Right now I am filling my British citizenship application online, I am refugee status so my original passport is with the home office. I answer no, for all question about the original passport since I do not have it. But then it asks me if I have a travel document which I do ( UK refugee travel document) and after I do click continue to the documents section this came in the list "The travel document issued by Libya for Miss xxxxx " which is wrong as the travel document is from the UK, not Libya. How can I solve this problem?

Are you able to provide details of your passport using a copy of the information? No
Do you have the details of your most recent expired passport? No
Do you have a valid national identity card? No
Do you have a most recent expired national identity card? No
Do you have a travel document? Yes " then I enter my UK travel document information"

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:48 am

Ignore the generated document list. It is not necessarily accurate
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zelkamel
Newly Registered

Post by zelkamel » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:52 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:48 am
Ignore the generated document list. It is not necessarily accurate
So I do not have to worry about this when I go to the scan appointment

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:37 pm

No
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zelkamel
Newly Registered

Post by zelkamel » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:02 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:54 pm
Difficult to advise but best to look for somebody else. Strange the reluctance of some people to provide to UKVI a number that HMPO have issued, both Home Office departments ....
I do not understand your reply a lot but I called the department who is responsible for the British citizenship application in the Home office and they advise to add a cover letter with my application explaining the error in the document list.

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:29 pm

zelkamel wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:02 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
I do not understand your reply a lot but I called the department who is responsible for the British citizenship application in the Home office and they advise to add a cover letter with my application explaining the error in the document list.
What is the number you used please?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:32 pm

zelkamel wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:
That's always a good course of action - explain the issue.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

zelkamel
Newly Registered

Post by zelkamel » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:04 pm

hamalt66 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:29 pm
zelkamel wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:

They are not really that hopefully but at least you will get some advice, the number is 0300 123 2253 (Citizenship and nationality)

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:41 pm

zelkamel wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:04 pm
hamalt66 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:29 pm
zelkamel wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:
Thank you

They are not really that hopefully but at least you will get some advice, the number is 0300 123 2253 (Citizenship and nationality)