ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS Refund

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ishu323
Newly Registered
India

IHS Refund

Post by Ishu323 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:19 pm

My wife received spouse dependent visa in March of this year. I am still waiting for the IHS refund to come through. They charged around £2.2K for the IHS surcharge while the amount should be £1K for a 2.5 yr visa @ £400 per year.

There is a ~£1.2K difference that I should get back from the Home Office. Could someone please let me know how can i get this back ? I have not received any communication from the Home Office and it has been close to 3.5 months now.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: IHS Refund

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:05 pm

The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Ishu323
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ishu323 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:23 pm

Thanks seagul.

I have been through the website but there is no way to ask for a IHS refund there. If I call the number, then it goes to an automated setup where none of the options correspond to IHS refund. Can pointers would anyone much appreciated.

Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:34 pm

Usually they refund automatically but if they excessively delay in refund then involve your bank who usually have authority to approach the merchant.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Ishu323
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ishu323 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:44 am

Thank you, will try that. I am also thinking of submitting a paid query where they might be able to provide more information. I will update the group once I know more so everyone can benefit going forward.