ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 years route and 10years route for British married partner

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Baba80
Newly Registered

5 years route and 10years route for British married partner

Post by Baba80 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:19 am

Good morning my good people ,
I am really confused with the HO clarification. My husband received his settlement and BC in 2013 . I was then a overstayer and then applied through him as an unmarried partner . I was given 2.5 years on 10years route . In 2015 I extended the visa making it 5 years in the same route . Now that’s I need to renew my visa . I applied for IlR Set M - but HO said I wasn’t qualify on that route having spent 5years . They said I have to complete the whole 10yrs before I can apply for settlement. Have been granted another 2.5 years and asked to pay extra £500.
Please can anybody shed a bit of light on this for me . Thank you in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 5 years route and 10years route for British married partner

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:24 am

If you are on the 10 year route FLR FP, it means you need 4 x 2.5 year visas before you can apply for ILR. Had you mentioned your route in your previous ILR topic, you would have been told this.

You cannot choose to apply for ILR on the 5 year route if you have a 10 year route visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:26 am

Unfortunately, they may be correct. Which forms did you use on the previous times?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Baba80
Newly Registered

Post by Baba80 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:29 am

Thank you for your quick response.
I used the FLP

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:34 am

Then you need to wait another 5 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Baba80
Newly Registered

Claiming back refund from Ukvisa fee

Post by Baba80 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:27 am

Good morning my good people,
I applied online for my PSC and paid the full amount for out of office service( extra £75) and later changed my appoint to normal office hour . I attended my appt before 7 days before the old appt day expires and I want my £75 refunded . But I don’t know how to go about it . Have tried the telephone number provided on the acknowledgement payment page but no luck . What can I do ? Please I need help .
Thank you in advance everyone

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Claiming back refund from Ukvisa fee

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:32 am

What exactly have you applied for??

Your previous post suggest a visa and this post you have posted in the British citizenship sub forum!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Baba80
Newly Registered

Re: Claiming back refund from Ukvisa fee

Post by Baba80 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:06 pm

Am very sorry , if have posted in the wrong section . I applied for leave to remain and be paid for extra £75 . I attended the Croydon centre appt .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:24 pm

Topic moved and merged.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AR0019
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by AR0019 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:46 am

This is my first post and hope the moderators would help me with some advice. I am not sure if posting here would be wrong, advance apology if that is the case.

In short my story is here - 

My Set-O application was refused in 2017 without an in country appeal right while my wife was studying here with a Tier 4 visa. Within 14 days of my refusal she applied for FLR-FP keeping me as her dependent.Then in 2018 this application was varied with an Asylum claim. So this asylum application was her in time application while having 3C leave , but mine second application meaning at that point my 3C was gone, 39E is of no use for my case as we know by now (Re: Ahmed case) . 

3 Weeks ago my wife got her SET (LR) approved and she has applied for our 4+ years old son's certificate for registration as British citizen (using MN1 form on line) and currently awaiting .She HAS NOT withdrawn her asylum application, we kept it ongoing with clear mention on the cover letter submitted with her SET (LR) application .Since a protection claim can run simultaneously with other application (SET-LR in her Case) we were allowed to keep it ongoing and it’s still in progress. My son was born here and never been outside of UK, he is going to local nursery and should start reception from this September. We all live at the same address as a family unit since here in UK and share all parental responsibilities. I have completed my 10 years and 8 months here by now. I cannot apply for FLR (M) because of £18600 income threshold. 

After receiving my son's passport I would like to apply for my visa, we will withdraw the asylum claim at that point. What would be the best route for me? ILR or FLR-FP? For ILR-I reckon they might refuse because of not having 10 yrs lawful residence and will not give any benefit of 39E. If I apply for FLR-FP , should I apply as partner of my settled wife or as parent of our 4 years 4 months old British citizen child ? Please shed some light on the grounds I can mention on my cover letter. This way what is the likelihood of getting visa? 

Thanks in advance for advising me. I would appreciate your help. 

Regards. 
AR0019

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:48 am

AR0019 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:46 am
This is my first post and hope the moderators would help me with some advice. I am not sure if posting here would be wrong, advance apology if that is the case.

In short my story is here - 

My Set-O application was refused in 2017 without an in country appeal right while my wife was studying here with a Tier 4 visa. Within 14 days of my refusal she applied for FLR-FP keeping me as her dependent.Then in 2018 this application was varied with an Asylum claim. So this asylum application was her in time application while having 3C leave , but mine second application meaning at that point my 3C was gone, 39E is of no use for my case as we know by now (Re: Ahmed case) . 

3 Weeks ago my wife got her SET (LR) approved and she has applied for our 4+ years old son's certificate for registration as British citizen (using MN1 form on line) and currently awaiting .She HAS NOT withdrawn her asylum application, we kept it ongoing with clear mention on the cover letter submitted with her SET (LR) application .Since a protection claim can run simultaneously with other application (SET-LR in her Case) we were allowed to keep it ongoing and it’s still in progress. My son was born here and never been outside of UK, he is going to local nursery and should start reception from this September. We all live at the same address as a family unit since here in UK and share all parental responsibilities. I have completed my 10 years and 8 months here by now. I cannot apply for FLR (M) because of £18600 income threshold. 

After receiving my son's passport I would like to apply for my visa, we will withdraw the asylum claim at that point. What would be the best route for me? ILR or FLR-FP? For ILR-I reckon they might refuse because of not having 10 yrs lawful residence and will not give any benefit of 39E. If I apply for FLR-FP , should I apply as partner of my settled wife or as parent of our 4 years 4 months old British citizen child ? Please shed some light on the grounds I can mention on my cover letter. This way what is the likelihood of getting visa? 

Thanks in advance for advising me. I would appreciate your help. 

Regards. 
AR0019
immigration-for-family-members/flr-fp-o ... l#p1800285
Char (CR001 not Casa)