ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registration of Children born outside UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Poorsaint
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Registration of Children born outside UK

Post by Poorsaint » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:07 pm

Hi.

I got british citizenship last year after completing 5 yrs Tier2 + 1 yr ILR. My wife also got citizenship few months ago as soon as she got ILR. My 2 daughters (9 and 7) were born outside UK, they were my Tier 2 dependants for 5 years and currently has got ILR(issued in Feb 2019).
My questions are:
- Can I apply for their registration under section 3(1) or is there any other section?
-Can I apply for their registration now as both parents are british citizens or do I need to wait for 1 year from their ILR?

I could not find much information regarding this elsewhere.
I would be grateful if somebody has been through such situation

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Registration of Children born outside UK

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:10 pm

1. Yes it's a section 3(1) registration.

2. They can apply now. They could actually have applied when your spouse applied a few months ago.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Poorsaint
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Poorsaint » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:17 pm

Thank you.

When applying online, I guess i have to choose " Other - apply at the discretion of the Home Secretary" ???

Do i need any specific documents sending with their application or just standard?? (our passports, naturalisation certificates, their BRP).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:19 pm

When applying online, I guess i have to choose " Other - apply at the discretion of the Home Secretary" ???
Correct yes.
Do i need any specific documents sending with their application or just standard?? (our passports, naturalisation certificates, their BRP).
You need to send what the checklist says which you will get at end of online process.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Poorsaint
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Poorsaint » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:17 am

Couple of more questions regarding online application...

-Can I apply for both of them together or do these have to be two separate applications? I put Applicant name as my elder daughter, then added additional applicant for other child (as sister) but for her they did not ask about her passport details(weird).

-Since I am applying for both of my children, do i still need to attach "A letter of consent" for them??

- They asked about "evidence of parental responsibility for child". What evidence could that be??

This is proving to be a little complex than I thought.

Poorsaint
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Poorsaint » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:02 am

I would be obliged if somebody can clarify my queries please.

many thanks