ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR to citizenships then passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Wilbs10
Newly Registered

FLR to citizenships then passport

Post by Wilbs10 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:50 pm

Hi new to the board
The wife arrived in Dec 2012 she has since had two further visa extension her current one ends Feb 2021.
She passed her English B1 last year for her last visa extension, and last month she tried Life in the UK and past first time yes a shock to me as well
What are the best quickest options now for her to get citizenship and the British passport
Any info much appreciated
Mark

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR to citizenships then passport

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:21 pm

She needs to apply for ilr and be approved before she can apply for citizenship.

What visa category exactly does she hold?? There is more than one type of dependent visa category.

Presumably you are British?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wilbs10
Newly Registered

Post by Wilbs10 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:40 am

Her resident permit is
Spouse/partner
Leave to remain

Yes I’m British

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:31 am

She applies for ilr first, meeting all the requirements again, ie financial etc.

Once she has ilr she can apply for citizenship.

She could have applied for ilr in December 2017 already.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wilbs10
Newly Registered

Post by Wilbs10 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:30 pm

How long does she have to hold ILR before applying for citizenship

She only recently felt her English was good enough for b1 test and life in the uk

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:32 pm

She can apply immediately after grant of ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:32 pm

How long does she have to hold ILR before applying for citizenship
If she is married to a British citizen, she does not have to wait. She can apply as soon as she has ILR. She must meet the 3 years residence requirement for citizenship, including the absence limit restrictions and being physically present in the UK at the start of the 3 year residence qualifying period immediately preceding the date of application online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Wilbs10
Newly Registered

Post by Wilbs10 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:27 am

Just going through applications online just not sure on a few questions

Your social, cultural and family ties

Do you have any family in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
(Required)

Yes

No

List their names, where they live, how you are related to them, and what type of contact you have with them

Do you have any friends in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
(Required)

Yes

No
Provide details
List their names, where they live, how you are related to them, and what type of contact you have with them

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:32 am

What are you finding confusing about the questions :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wilbs10
Newly Registered

Post by Wilbs10 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:11 am

Does she have to list her family member that are currently living in the UK (she has a sister who has a British Passport now) or family members that currently live in Thailand

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:32 am

Wilbs10 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:11 am
Does she have to list her family member that are currently living in the UK (she has a sister who has a British Passport now) or family members that currently live in Thailand
No. These questions are relevant to home country ties or any country outside of the UK where your wife has lived for more than 5 years.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.