ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received Permanent Residence Card - Non-EU Family Member Relationship Ended

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cartelatte
Newly Registered
United States of America

Received Permanent Residence Card - Non-EU Family Member Relationship Ended

Post by cartelatte » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:02 pm

Dear All,

I am writing to inquire about how to go about making changes or notifying UK Immigration about relationship ended 4 months after receipt of PR card on May 2017 (no divorce as applied via "Relationship akin to Marriage").

EU national is still working and living in UK. I have moved back to US however would still prefer to maintain UK residency as I am currently self-employed in UK. I have been away from UK for a year now. It's been over 18 months since the relationship ended but have not reported these changes to UK because I am out of the country.

My concern is not being able to return to continue self-employment when returning and losing my rights to work due to failure of reporting changes to EU relationship. I fear being questioned at Border Control. I have ceased my short-term lease due to traveling to US and don't have any permanent UK address at the present time. I understand I can't be absent or away from UK for 2 years at a time to maintain PR which is why I intend to return within this year.

Will my PR card - work and right to reside in UK be revoked because I am no longer together with the EU National? What steps should I take?

Thank you.

sfljiaf

Re: Received Permanent Residence Card - Non-EU Family Member Relationship Ended

Post by sfljiaf » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:22 am

Once you have _permanent_ residence, I believe your status does not depend on your sponsor anymore. Perhaps someone else could confirm that?
Note however that PR will lapse after an absence of two years. Also, you should apply for settled status at some point before the deadline (late 2020 / mid 2021 depending on how Brexit goes). That will also allow you up to five years abroad.

cartelatte
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by cartelatte » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:14 am

Thank you. That is reassuring. I hope someone else can confirm that also.

cartelatte
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by cartelatte » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:48 am

Apparently best option for me is to apply for EU Settlement Scheme as former family member of EU National.

However, EU Exit: ID Document Check is not available for download in USA.

cartelatte
Newly Registered
United States of America

Apply to EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME OUTSIDE THE UK

Post by cartelatte » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:51 am

Hello,

Does anyone know how to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme outside the UK?

I tried to download the android app EU EXIT: ID Document Check but it is not available for downloading in the US.

Help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:06 am

How long have you been out of the UK for??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.