ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on Ten Years Long Route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saleemkhan1

Re: ILR on Ten Years Long Route

Post by saleemkhan1 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:55 am

Done everything and granted ILR in few hours. Thanks

omabrowniee
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by omabrowniee » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:44 am

Congrats

dan883

Post by dan883 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:47 am

saleemkhan1 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:55 am
Done everything and granted ILR in few hours. Thanks

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experiences. Also Good Luck to @Talreh

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:21 am

Hi Saleem

Great news. Congratulations.

Many thanks for sharing your experience as well.

@dan883 Many thanks for the wishes. Will keep you posted.

Kind regards

saleemkhan1

Post by saleemkhan1 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:17 am

Thanks to all. Received BRP card. It was so quick.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:30 am

Hi Saleem

Great that you have received as well.

Was it easy to get appointment at the Sopra Sitera? Someone told me that getting an appointment is not easy.

Can you also please confirm what did you answer for the following questions in the application form:

1- How long have you lived in the UK?
"As you applied with in 28 days, did you write 10 years or 9 years 11 months?"

2- Are you part of a social group or do you have cultural ties in your country of birth?
"Did you answer yes or no. If you answered yes, what did you write and if you answered no what did you answer?"

3- Do you have any family in our country of birth?
"Did you provide your family member names etc?"

4- Do you have any friends in your country?
"Did you provide your friends names etc? or did you answer no to this questions?"

5- Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?
"Did you answer no or yes. If Yes what answer did you write?"

6- In relation to the documents, did you then provide your marriage certificates and last two years of proof of address for living together. I understand its not a requirement as mentioned by CR001, but did you provide these?

7- If you visited Pakistan during these 10 years, what reason did you write for "Reason for this time spent"

If you can kindly answer these, I'll finalise the application today.

Many thanks in advance.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:47 am

And I have just realised that there is a consent form that I have to download and sign which is under the category "Verification Consent"
Did you also download and completed the form to be submitted with your application?

saleemkhan1

Post by saleemkhan1 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:19 am

Hi

It is very easy and straightforward to get an appointment at the Sopra Steria. As I mentioned before, when you submit your online application, download the consent form and sign it by and your wife (if you are showing any joint documents). On the screen, you will see appointment, you will find few options such as one appointment for free but mostly these are a bit cuz of taken by people. I advise you to take the appointment on £100. This will be very soon as it was in the next day in my case but depends which Sopra Steria you go to. Mine one was local on walking distance. In this £100 service, you will go for finger prints etc.. and they would upload your documents if you have not already uploaded. This service for free.

Regarding, time spend in the UK, I put 10 years. So put 10 years, the 28 days criteria covers in ten years so dont worry just put 10 years. They know it.

Regarding travelling, I put the date I left and return and for reason I wrote family visit or holiday.

Yes I wrote the names of my parents and sisters and brother. I further wrote I do contact them regularly via phone and apps.
Regarding friends, I put their names and their occupations. I said I do contact them via phones and apps such as imo... We discuss jobs and research in our discussion.
regarding social ties, I said no. I wrote I do contact friends and family members as I have been very busy in work and study so limited myself to just family and friends.
regarding other reasons, I wrote few paragraphs containing lawfull living here from the last ten years. I studied and worked here and adjusted here easily. I have social connection here and also do serve in community services. I praised the life quality, NHS and the respect of British people. It is a secure place for our family including kids future.
You can upload all the documents including marriage certificate, passport copies, all visas, family members visas and passport, degress, life in the UK, bank statements, Utility bills etc...
The consent form is must to be signed and uploaded to the last section sopra steria. I thought it will be sent with the passport and documents but sopra steria does not send any document, they just check your uploaded documents and passport scan.... fingerprints.. Thats it. I downloaded the form for myself but they dont check and dont send in hard copies, The online submission is enough. So, dont worry just Bismillah.. and you will get it easily IA. Just go for it rather than mentally disturb yourself.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:29 am

Hi Saleem

Many thanks for your valuable answers on my questions.

I think I can now submit the application after making changes as per your answers.

Many thanks once again.

Kind regards

saleemkhan1

Post by saleemkhan1 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:39 pm

You are welcome. Uploaded all the documents to get quick through fingerprints etc as mine took 5 minutes cuz already uploaded all documents to concerned sections. The SSteria guys said to me the HO must love your application and documents the way you managed. Plus write your travel history, in and out on a plain paper and total numbers of days you were outside and also make a list of all your visas, reference numbers, duration. These will make more easy for HO to make the decision. Try to scan all the documents nicely. If you go with it you will get in soon as mine was granted in three hours and received everything. Sit in a corner of a library and check everything properly in cool mind and then submit. Allow some extra time .

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:31 am

Hi Saleem

Many thanks for the answers. My file is all set. Can you kindly check if I have included all the necessary documents before I submit the application: (hoping to do it today)

1- Passports X 2
2- BRP Card
3- Life in the UK test
4- Masters degree achieved in the UK
5- Excel spreadsheet of Entry and exiting the UK
5- Wife's passport
6- Wife's BRP
7- Marriage certificate
8- Daughter's passport
9- Daughter's BRP
10- Daughter's Birth Certificate (pakistan)
11- Birth Certificates of two other children born in the UK
12- Last two years of addresses includes
-joint tenancy agreements,
- Utility bills on my name
- Couple of my bank statements
-Hospital letters for my wife over two years.
- Couple of my wife's bank statements
13- Consent form signed by me and my wife. Part 1 and Part 2 only. Part 3 is N/A

So i hope the list above is complete.

Can you please confirm the following for me as well:

1- Did you take your wife's and child's passport to Sopra Sitera?
2- Did you scan all the pages in wife's and child's passport?
3- Did you submit any cover letter with you application?

As always many thanks for all your help.

Kind regards

saleemkhan1

Post by saleemkhan1 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:45 am

Hi,

Yes, the list seems enough. You can also add your university letter 'to whom it may concern' when you received before graduation, to your degree if you have, otherwise degree or transcripts are ok depends which one you have selected. Regarding wife bank statements, actually it is your application, so if you both have joint accounts then you should put that just to show the level of your relationship. if you do not have then these are ok. it is just a formality. Put your one bank statement and one joint with your wife if you have even joint tenancy is ok. I think you should remove your wife NHS letters etc. Consent form is correct with both A & B. If you dont have a joint account, then put only one bank statement of your wife.

1. Yes, I took my wife passport and child birth cert but they did not even look those docs because I had already uploaded all the scanned copies. SS staff member will check all your scanned document on computer and he will add something if you are missing. Take all the originals documents that you have scanned and uploaded in case copies are not clear.

2. No, I didnt.

3. No

I thought you would have been applied even I applied for my child a week ago.

Good luck. Do not worry you will get it unless there is a driving offense or other.

saleemkhan1

Post by saleemkhan1 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:47 am

Sopra Steria not Surinder Singh!

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:08 am

Hi Saleem

Highly appreciated your instant reply.

I have filed it now finally. Got an appointment for £100 at Croydon at 8am tomorrow morning. Couldn't find any thing nearer to my house. 40 miles away this one but glad found it tomorrow mor

Many thanks every one for all your support.

Will keep you posted.

Kind regards

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:01 pm

Hi Saleem

Does it matter in which folders i upload my documents on Sopra?

It gives me a lot of different categories to upload documents to. I have uploaded passports to under passport/travel history category.

Should I upload everything else to "Others" category?

Can you share how you uploaded?

Kind regards

saleemkhan1

Post by saleemkhan1 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:19 pm

Hi

Just upload to those sections which you think more closely related and the remaining to other folder.

Thanks

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:49 pm

Many thanks Saleem for your help.

done the biometrics and received email from them just now to say that the application is exceptionally complex and they can't decide today.

Not sure why but lets see.

Many thanks once again for all your help throughout.

Kind regards

saleemkhan1

Post by saleemkhan1 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:20 am

You are welcome. Dont worry you will get. Sometime applications have to pass some kind of scrutiny and check. There could be few reasons such as your travel history and they want to check. Hope it will get sorted soon.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:45 am

Hi Saleem

I hope so too.

Kind regards

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:34 am

Hi Saleem

I have received confirmation this morning from Home office that my application has been approved.

I am most grateful to you for all your help.

Thanks so much indeed for all your support throughout my application.

Kindest regards

Talha

dan883

Post by dan883 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:39 am

talreh20 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:34 am
Hi Saleem

I have received confirmation this morning from Home office that my application has been approved.

I am most grateful to you for all your help.

Thanks so much indeed for all your support throughout my application.

Kindest regards

Talha

Congratulations

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:49 am

Many thanks Dan883. Best wishes for your application too. I hope all goes smooth.

saleemkhan1

Post by saleemkhan1 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:55 pm

Good news. Congratulations. you are welcome. Thanks

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:51 pm

Many thanks Saleem. Got my BRP today finally.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:01 am

Hi Saleem

Just wondering if you have applied for your child's naturalisation? And have you applied for your wife's visa (if applicable)?

I now need to apply for my wife and child's visa (born in Pakistan) and wondering if you have been through the process?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards