ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKCVAS only passport scanned and sighted

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

LouKell14
Newly Registered
Australia

ILR,

Post by LouKell14 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:34 am

I am due for ILR this year, and my first Tier 2 General was dated 1st September 2014. It was extended and it had to be extended again, due to a error with dates. My current Tier 2 now expires 3 Aug 2020.

Does anyone know if I can apply for ILR this year (28 days prior to 1st Sept), as it will be 5 years since the initial visa, or are there rules of needing to wait until the end of a Tier 2 General, in which case I would be eligible to apply next year? I've not been able to find anything, so asking for a second opinion :)

Thank you for reading :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR,

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:41 am

Does anyone know if I can apply for ILR this year (28 days prior to 1st Sept), as it will be 5 years since the initial visa,

Yes if you meet all the requirements.
or are there rules of needing to wait until the end of a Tier 2 General,

No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LouKell14
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: ILR,

Post by LouKell14 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:45 pm

Thank you :) I thought so, but have really started to second guess everything.

LouKell14
Newly Registered
Australia

Calculating absences, ILR

Post by LouKell14 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:14 pm

Hello,

My initial Tier 2 General was dated 1 September and I am checking my absences for my employer letter. I have a couple of trips that span the end of a 12 month period ending and another starting. Would you record in the following manner, even though you didn't return to the uk?

Year 4:
Departure date Return date Reason for leave No of whole days outside of UK
21 August 2018 31 August 2018 business trip 9

Year 5:
Departure date Return date Reason for leave No of whole days outside of UK
1 September 2018 13 September 2018 business trip 12

Also, when counting whole days it's where you spend a full 24 hours outside of the country isn't it? So you would exclude the date you depart and the day that you return, wouldn't you?

Many thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Calculating absences, ILR

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:28 pm

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-list-of- ... 64235.html

Correct, departure date and arrival date is excluded. Only days in between count towards absences.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

LouKell14
Newly Registered
Australia

Review of employer letter

Post by LouKell14 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:29 am

Hello,
2 letters have been created and I was wondering if I could please have advice on which people think is better to use, version A or Version B? Please advise if anything is missing, or if any points require more detail.

Version A

Address:
Date xxxxxx

Dear Sir / Madam,

CONFIRMATION OF EMPLOYMENT FOR xxxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam,
This is to state that xxxxx has been employed with xxxx on a Tier 2 General visa since 1st XXXXXX 2014, and presently holds the position of xxxxx.
XXXXXX’s current salary is GBP xxx which is above the minimum rate of GBP xxxx for SOC code xxxxx, as stated in Immigration Rules Appendix J: codes of practice for skilled work.
XXXXX’s services as an employee are still required and she will continue to remain employed with XXXXXXX in the foreseeable future.
Should you have a need for any additional information or further clarification in the matter, please feel free to get in touch with me.
Kind regards,

HR

Date XXXXXXXX

Dear Sir / Madam,

CONFIRMATION OF EMPLOYMENT FOR xxxxxxxxxxxx

I am writing to confirm that XXXXXXXX has been an employee of xxxxxxx since xxxxx, and sponsored in a permanent position on a Tier 2 General visa from 1st XXXXXX 2014.

XXXXXXXXXX’s role falls within SOC Code XXXXXXX, and has held 2 positions during her tenure. She was employed as XXXXXXXX and promoted to her current position of xxxxxxxx following a restructure in late 2014. Both roles have adhered to the pay requirements within this category, with her annual salary listed below for each year of employment:

Year XXXXXXXX’s confirmed salary
2014 £xxxxxxx
2015 £xxxxxx
2016 £xxxxxx
2017 £xxxxxx
2018 £xxxxxx
2019 £xxxxxx

XXXXX ’s services are still required and she will continue to remain employed with xxxxxxx in the foreseeable future. I am available any additional information should it be required.

Yours Faithfully,

HR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Review of employer letter

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:31 am

A
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LouKell14
Newly Registered
Australia

Review of absence letter from employer

Post by LouKell14 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:59 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if you could please review the draft of my absence letter and confirm if it is ok, or if anything is visibly missing? I'm not sure if this is a good way to structure it as I've had a lot of weekend trips, therefore have to carry it over on multiple pages.

Date: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

To Whom it May Concern,

Re: Absence letter for XXXXXXXXX

I am writing to confirm that XXXXXXX is a full time employee of XXXXXXX. XXXXXX has been sponsored a tier 2 general visa since 1st September 2014 on SOC code XXXXX, and holds the position of XXXXXX Manager within the Corporate XXXXXX Team.

XXXXX receives 28 days annual leave per year, plus bank holidays. XXXXX works the standard office hours of Monday - Friday from 9am - 5pm, with the exception of 1 Friday per month where she works from 8am - 4pm.

I have summarised the number of days absent from the UK for the 5 year period below, and provided a detailed outline on pages 2 - 4 of this document. xxxxxxx was paid her full salary for periods marked as business trips, annual leave, as well as time in lieu.

Year 1: 1 September 2014 - 31 August 2015: Absent from the UK for xxxxx days
Year 2: 1 September 2015 - 31 August 2016: Absent from the UK for xxxxx days
Year 3: 1 September 2016 - 31 August 2017: Absent from the UK for xxxxx days
Year 4: 1 September 2017 - 31 August 2018: Absent from the UK for xxxxx days
Year 5: 1 September 2018 - 5 August 2019: Absent from the UK for xxxxx days

Should you have a need for any additional information or further clarification in the matter, please feel free to get in touch on xxxxxx

Best regards,
HR

Additional pages include outline of all trips with the below columns:
Year 1 - Destination - Departure date - Return date - Reason for leave - No of whole days outside of UK

*Reason for leave have been listed in the appropriate column as visa entry clearance, annual leave, business trips, non working day (weekend) and time in lieu.

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Review of absence letter from employer

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:04 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

LouKell14
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by LouKell14 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:38 pm

Oops, I'm sorry for multiple topics. I didn't realise, but it makes sense. If someone could please review my advise if they think it's ok, it would be most appreciated.

Cheers,
L

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:58 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

LouKell14
Newly Registered
Australia

Set O- Date you entered the UK question

Post by LouKell14 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:00 pm

Hello,

I'm completing Set O Tier 2 General and need a second opinion- going slightly mad and second guessing myself. The question states:

When did you first enter the UK?
This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started.

My visa was dated 1st September 2014, and I entered the country on the 18 September.

I have answered this question 18 September in the application. Should I change this to 1st of September 2014?

Thank you for helping!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Set O- Date you entered the UK question

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:02 pm

LouKell14 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:00 pm
Hello,

I'm completing Set O Tier 2 General and need a second opinion- going slightly mad and second guessing myself. The question states:

When did you first enter the UK?
This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started.

My visa was dated 1st September 2014, and I entered the country on the 18 September.

I have answered this question 18 September in the application. Should I change this to 1st of September 2014?

Thank you for helping!
It does ask entered date not visa start date :shock:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

LouKell14
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by LouKell14 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:05 pm

Thanks correct, so I should leave as 18 September. I was worried as it doesn't ask me anywhere else about my Tier 2 start date, so if they don't take this into account, it will affect my 5 year qualifying period.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:09 pm

Ho do know the rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

LouKell14
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by LouKell14 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:21 pm

I am sorry, I think your prior response might be missing a word. Could you please clarify?

Best

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:41 pm

LouKell14 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:21 pm
I am sorry, I think your prior response might be missing a word. Could you please clarify?

Best
No, no missing word.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

LouKell14
Newly Registered
Australia

UKCVAS only passport scanned and sighted

Post by LouKell14 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:02 am

Hello,

I had my UKCVAS appointment for a Set O ILR this morning and found it very strange as my caseworker only wanted to see my passport and it was the only document he scanned in.
He acknowledged that I had my documents with me and said that he appreciated that, but he said that he did not need to sight nor scan them, including my BRP. I uploaded everything to the website prior to going in, but have others had this experience? I've been through the appointment process a few times now, and they've always wanted to see everything.

Thank you for helping.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UKCVAS only passport scanned and sighted

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:18 am

I had my UKCVAS appointment for a Set O ILR this morning and found it very strange as my caseworker only wanted to see my passport and it was the only document he scanned in.
The UKCVAS staff are not 'caseworkers' as they don't work for the Home Office. UKCVAS is just a third party agent to enrol biometrics and do document checks.
He acknowledged that I had my documents with me and said that he appreciated that, but he said that he did not need to sight nor scan them, including my BRP. I uploaded everything to the website prior to going in, but have others had this experience? I've been through the appointment process a few times now, and they've always wanted to see everything.
If you uploaded everything, then it is fine. They don't check every single document you take with you. Any previous appointment you might have had in person would have been with HO directly at the old premium centres where you were dealing directly with HO staff and caseworkers.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

zimba
Mood:

Re: UKCVAS only passport scanned and sighted

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:50 am

LouKell14 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:02 am
Hello,

Thank you for helping.
As noted above by CR001, UKVCAS is a third party company and all their staff and centers have no connection to the UKVI. They are simply a commercial partner. It seems you do not know the changes since late 2018: indefinite-leave-to-remain/online-appli ... 70084.html
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice