ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extending Spouse Visa - proof of financial income

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jamesa380
Newly Registered

Extending Spouse Visa

Post by jamesa380 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:09 pm

Hello all,

Myself and my wife will be soon applying in January for an extension for the second 2.5 years of her family of a settled person spouse visa. I understand that as this is the extension both our salaries can now be counted towards meeting the financial requirements. Currently we are both on salaries that surpass the £18600 aunnual requirement. My question is if anything happened to my job and I was made redundant etc would we still be approved to for the extension as long as her salary remains unaffected and above £18600? Or would that mean we would be declined because I as the sponsor have briefly fallen under the financial requirement while looking for a new job?

Thanks and kind regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Extending Spouse Visa

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:22 pm

Why not you keep the things simplified and only show your partner's income & use her financial documents only if you will be redundant.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

jamesa380
Newly Registered

Post by jamesa380 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:33 pm

Thank you for the reply.

Oh I was not aware we could submit the financial requirements just based on her income if I am the sponsor? if that's the case, then worst case scenario if anything happens with my employment we would need to do that if that is acceptable. Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:41 pm

Yes it will be fully acceptable
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

jamesa380
Newly Registered

Extending Spouse Visa - proof of financial income

Post by jamesa380 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:37 pm

Hello,

myself and my wife will be applying to extend her current spouse visa in January to the next 2.5 years and I have a question about the proof of income documents. I am planning to submit six months of payslips and six bank statements as I am full-time employed and earn over £18,600.

My question is myself and my wife do not have a joint bank account but she transfers most of her salary into my account because we have a joint credit card instead ( to collect reward points) and I just pay it off with both our salaries along with all others household bills.

Would I need to show evidence of where this extra money
she transfers is coming into my account is from i.e. her payslips and bank statements also?

Or Would it be better for her to stop transferring anything for 6 months so we can use bank statements with just my salary and nothing else going in?

Thanks in advance
James

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Extending Spouse Visa - proof of financial income

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:44 pm

If you are meeting the financial requirement through employment then HO wont care anything other than matching the wages credit with payslip.

jamesa380
Newly Registered

Re: Extending Spouse Visa - proof of financial income

Post by jamesa380 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:49 pm

Great thanks for your help