ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M extension time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ManInMexico
Newly Registered

FLR M extension time

Post by ManInMexico » Sat May 25, 2019 7:23 pm

Hi all

My wife is in the UK under an FLRM that expires on 03/08/2019.

I'm just in the process of preparing documents for the extension we'll need to apply for in July but I'm struggling to see exactly what will be required.

For example, we provided a translation of our marriage certificate and a bunch of photos and emails etc with the first application, will we need to provide these again or is proof we are still living together by way of utility bills and the like enough?

Another concern is time spent abroad. We've been on the usual short holidays for a couple of weeks here and there but in February this year my wife worked in Finland for the University of Helsinki on a two month temporary contract returning in April. From what I can gather this shouldn't be a problem, but you never know with these things...

Any advice on the above would be appreciated, likewise if anyone has any tips on getting through the process I'm all ears (and eyes)!

Good luck all with your applications.

Mike

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR M extension time

Post by seagul » Sat May 25, 2019 7:58 pm

ManInMexico wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:23 pm
Hi all

I'm just in the process of preparing documents for the extension we'll need to apply for in July but I'm struggling to see exactly what will be required.

For example, we provided a translation of our marriage certificate and a bunch of photos and emails etc with the first application, will we need to provide these again or is proof we are still living together by way of utility bills and the like enough?

Another concern is time spent abroad. We've been on the usual short holidays for a couple of weeks here and there but in February this year my wife worked in Finland for the University of Helsinki on a two month temporary contract returning in April. From what I can gather this shouldn't be a problem, but you never know with these things...

Any advice on the above would be appreciated, likewise if anyone has any tips on getting through the process I'm all ears (and eyes)!

Mike
You wont have to provide photos/emails as subsisting relationship evidences rather 6 piece of documents covering the last 2 years as proofs of cohabitation would be needed. Also you will have to earn at least £18600 (if no other dependant) under category A/B and your partner will need A2/B1 level of english langauge test. And again you should have sufficient sized accomodation.
There is no absence threshold on spouse visa so far. So you will be alright.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ManInMexico
Newly Registered

Post by ManInMexico » Sat May 25, 2019 8:44 pm

Thanks Seagul

I exceed the income threshold and she has a pd certificate from a UK University so income and language requirements are met.

We're also in the same rented accommodation from our last application so that should be ok too.

So from a timeline perspective would the below be correct?

1. Apply online no earlier than 28 days before the expiration of current visa. Is this working days or calendar days?
2. Pay total of £2033 for visa and IHS surcharge
3. Book appointment for biometrics.
4. Scan all supporting documents and bring to appointment for upload?
5. Keep everything crossed and wait.

Cheers
Mike

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat May 25, 2019 9:18 pm

ManInMexico wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 8:44 pm
Thanks Seagul

she has a pd certificate from a UK University .

We're also in the same rented accommodation from our last application so that should be ok too.

So from a timeline perspective would the below be correct?

1. Apply online no earlier than 28 days before the expiration of current visa. Is this working days or calendar days?
2. Pay total of £2033 for visa and IHS surcharge
3. Book appointment for biometrics.
4. Scan all supporting documents and bring to appointment for upload?
5. Keep everything crossed and wait.

Cheers
Mike
It should be degree from UK university instead certificate.
1. yes. Calender days
2. yes
3. yes
4. Scan & upload yourself or take them for scanning when enrolling biometrics
5. yes.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun May 26, 2019 1:53 am

ManInMexico wrote:

No earlier than 28 days before completing the 30 month period from the date of entry to the UK (assuming she entered on a spouse visa) and no later than the expiry date.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

T_Y_P
Newly Registered

Post by T_Y_P » Sun May 26, 2019 9:57 am

seagul wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:58 pm
ManInMexico wrote:
Hi all

Mike
You wont have to provide photos/emails as subsisting relationship evidences rather 6 piece of documents covering the last 2 years as proofs of cohabitation would be needed. Also you will have to earn at least £18600 (if no other dependant) under category A/B and your partner will need A2/B1 level of english langauge test. And again you should have sufficient sized accomodation.
There is no absence threshold on spouse visa so far. So you will be alright.
You have to provide 6 pieces of evidence to show you have been cohabitating? What are examples of these?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun May 26, 2019 12:39 pm

Page 65 of the FLR(M) official guidance:

If your application is as the partner of a settled person or person who is in
the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection
Six items of correspondence addressed to you and your partner at the same address as
evidence that you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or
from the date you first started living together up to a maximum of two years. See Note 11.
Note 11 The items of correspondence should be addressed to you jointly or in both your names.
Examples of acceptable items are listed below. The documents provided must be originals.
Photocopies are not acceptable.
The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole period you
are relying on. They should be from at least 3 different sources. If you do not have enough items
in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they
show the same address for both of you.
For example - Four items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and two items
addressed to each partner at the address. In total eight items would need to be submitted.
If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names, you will need to submit
twelve items (six each) of correspondence, evidencing that you reside together at the same
address.
If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the period you are relying
on, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this.
If you did not live together for any part of the period you are relying on, tell us the reasons for
this and whether you stayed in contact with each other during this time, and provide any relevant
supporting evidence.
Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide six items; if the items are
not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the period you are relying on.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Picard

Post by Picard » Mon May 27, 2019 6:28 pm

Hi Casa
Could you please post link to this FLR (M) guidance document which seems to have atleast 65 pages?

I received link to this guidance notes from one of the moderators in another thread. It is just 9 pages long. Seems like Im missing something here
https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... -form-flrm

Thanks much
P

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 27, 2019 6:54 pm

Picard wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 6:28 pm
Hi Casa
Could you please post link to this FLR (M) guidance document which seems to have atleast 65 pages?

I received link to this guidance notes from one of the moderators in another thread. It is just 9 pages long. Seems like Im missing something here
https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... -form-flrm

Thanks much
P
Casa is referring to the 79 page paper application form. Page 63 to 65.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Picard

Post by Picard » Mon May 27, 2019 7:33 pm

Thanks CR001
So the application form comes with guidance for each of the sections of the application?
Thats handy

ManInMexico
Newly Registered

Post by ManInMexico » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:41 pm

So I think we're just about ready to apply this week, will make a start on the online form shortly. Can you guys have a quick look at the list of documents I've gathered and make any comments that may be helpful to my cause please?

Applicant Documents
1. Current Passport
2. Biometric Residence Permit

Sponsor Documents
1. Current Passport (only 3 months old)

Relationship supporting documents
1. Marriage certificate and translation (provided this last time, is it required again for extenson?)

English language evidence

1. PhD Certificate – studied in UK

Accommodation
1. Letters of correspondence - The Electric Bills are all in PDF format, not actually posted through the door. Does this matter? They are identical to the posted bills, seems a bit silly to print them out only to scan them back in.

a. Joint
Electric Bill - Oct 2017
Water Bill - Feb 2018
Electric Bill - May 2018
Electric Bill - Oct 2018
Council Tax - Mar 2019
Electric Bill - Jun 2019

b. Individual
We can also provide bank statements from July 2017 (Sponsor) and August 2017 (Applicant) in case we need to go back further than Oct 2017

Sponsor financial requirements supporting documents
1. Payslips x 6 months prior to application, stamped by employer
2. Employers confirmation letter
3. Bank statements showing each of the 6 payments detailed on the payslips (is it still a requirement to provide original posted statements or prints stamped by the bank, or can we use downloaded online statements these days?)

As always, any help is appreciated greatly!

Cheers
M

ManInMexico
Newly Registered

Post by ManInMexico » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:50 pm

Hi again,

In addition to the above document checklist I have a couple questions abut the form itself. I've mad an attempt but stopped before the declarations.

1. When did you start living together? We actually lived together for 2 years in Mexico before moving to the UK. Do I enter the original date in Mexico, or the date we started living together in the UK?

2. For an extension, is it 6 items of correspondence since our last grant of leave in this category, or to just cover the last 2 years? The requirement reads like we'll need to provide it over 2.5 years.

3. I'm confused as to which option to pick for my salary out of "earn the same amount continuously over the financial requirement amount", or "not the same amount continuously over the financial requirement amount".

I currently earn £27500 pa, but had a pay rise during the last 6 months from £24750 pa. I also always work overtime which boosts this income.

Option 3 seems like the one but that requires 12 months of payslips which seems strange since i've continuously earned over the threshold.

Cheers
Mike

Waiting limited

Post by Waiting limited » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:07 am

1.The original date in Mexico.
2. At the end of the application it will tell you all documents you have to submit and the period it should cover. Mine was covering 2 years application was on 24/06/2019.

alpaca2019
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by alpaca2019 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:08 am

Sorry to jump on your post but I am at the same stage as you. Can I just check what response you gave to the following questions which are in the Current Partner section?

Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)? Yes

Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type. First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person)

My answers are shown in red so I just wondered if this is the same as your thinking.

I have also had some of the same questions with you re: the salary category and time period for the evidence.

Thank you :D

ManInMexico
Newly Registered

Post by ManInMexico » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:40 pm

Hi all

I'm just finalising our documentation before scanning and uploading. Would anyone mind having a look over the below please? I'm happy with it other than perhaps the correspondence part, I can't space it more evenly than this but hope it'll be ok.

Passports etc
Passport (applicant)
BRP (applicant)
Passport (sponsor)
Relevant declarations

English language requirement
Degree certificate (PhD taught in English from UK University) (applicant)

Relationship
Marriage certificate and certified translation

Accommodation costs
19/20 council tax bill (joint)
Letter from letting agency confirming rent increase - May 2019 (joint)

Correspondence
Feb 2017 - Water Bill (Joint)
Aug 2017 - Bank Statement (applicant)
Aug 2017 - Bank Statement (Sponsor)
Feb 2018 - Water Bill (Joint)
Mar 2018 - Council Tax Bill (Joint)
Aug 2018 - HMRC letter (applicant)
Aug 2018 - Bank Statement (Sponsor)
Feb 2019 - Water Bill (Joint)
Mar 2019 - Council Tax Bill (Joint)
Jun 2019 - Electricity Company Letter (Joint)

Financial requirement
Letter from employer HR dept detailing employment details (sponsor)
Letter from employer payroll dept detailing current and previous salaries with dates of salary raises and authenticity of payslips (sponsor)
last 6 months payslips, stamped by payroll (sponsor)
6 months transactions posted by bank on official stationery - no stamp though as this was posted to me (sponsor)
latest P60 stamped by employer (sponsor)

Can anyone do me a favour and let me know if I'm missing anything please? :)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:34 pm

Add more documents into proofs of cohabitation and also dont attach p60

ManInMexico
Newly Registered

Post by ManInMexico » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:22 am

Thanks for your response :)

The checklist specifically asked for my p60 as I checked a box in the application that generated this requirement.

For the correspondence, I have 6 joint and 2 reach of individual which makes 8 covering the period from her last leave to remain. Which months would you recommend I find more correspondence for?