ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa Times

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TeacherLuke
Newly Registered
Mood:

Settlement Visa

Post by TeacherLuke » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:52 pm

Hi guys/girls

I just wondered if you still submit the documents for a settlement visa in Sheffield and the biometric details in the home country? My wife is from Thailand and has heard that this has changed recently whereby the documents are submitted in the home country too.

Also she has achieved an A1 language score, got the health check in a couple of weeks and has completed the online application. Does the language certificate and health check go to the biometric appointment or are they be sent here and handed in in the UK?

Thank you for any help.

Luke & Bim

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Settlement Visa

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:47 pm

The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

TeacherLuke
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Settlement Visa

Post by TeacherLuke » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:43 am

Has that changed recently? Only a week ago I was looking at going to Sheffield.

TeacherLuke
Newly Registered
Mood:

Where to hand the evidence in?

Post by TeacherLuke » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:45 pm

Hi guys/girls

Me and my wife are in the final stages of submitting our application for her to settle in the UK. She's Thai, pregnant, and been sick with travelling to Bangkok for the health and language tests.
My question is, does it matter or change anything where we submit our evidence? I've seen that this could be done in Bangkok or the UK (I think Bradford is the closest place to us) and all that matters is that it is the original documents that's included.
I wondered if anyone had any experience or advice with this. As the baby is due in January we are looking to fast track and get her here asap.

Thank you

Luke and Bim.

Kimn

Re: Where to hand the evidence in?

Post by Kimn » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:21 pm

TeacherLuke wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:45 pm
Hi guys/girls

Me and my wife are in the final stages of submitting our application for her to settle in the UK. She's Thai, pregnant, and been sick with travelling to Bangkok for the health and language tests.
My question is, does it matter or change anything where we submit our evidence? I've seen that this could be done in Bangkok or the UK (I think Bradford is the closest place to us) and all that matters is that it is the original documents that's included.
I wondered if anyone had any experience or advice with this. As the baby is due in January we are looking to fast track and get her here asap.

Thank you

Luke and Bim.
Hi I think it depends on what website you use to apply as well, visa4uk or gov.uk. I used the gov.uk (Access UK form) and once I submitted the application I was redirected to the VFS website where you have the option to self-upload (doesn’t seem to work well) or go to a VFS centre in the UK. You can also get the docs scanned at the biometric appointment if you select and pay for the service.

I’m not too sure on the Visa4uk one but I know you can’t self-upload on that website.

TeacherLuke
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by TeacherLuke » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:38 pm

Thank you so much for your reply.

We have applied via the visa4uk website as we didn't know of any other way.

Do you know of any other way we could find more information? Also, could I ask what happens about the health and language certificates? My wife currently has these certificates in Thailand and I fear that we won't have the originals in time. Especially if she posts them to us to submit the documents in the UK. Do I need the originals or can she send them there without the other evidence?

Thank you again

Luke.

Kimn

Post by Kimn » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:53 pm

TeacherLuke wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:38 pm
Thank you so much for your reply.

We have applied via the visa4uk website as we didn't know of any other way.

Do you know of any other way we could find more information? Also, could I ask what happens about the health and language certificates? My wife currently has these certificates in Thailand and I fear that we won't have the originals in time. Especially if she posts them to us to submit the documents in the UK. Do I need the originals or can she send them there without the other evidence?

Thank you again

Luke.
Hi unfortunately I’m not too sure on the visa4uk, but I took photocopies to the VFS centre in the UK.

It does say here you can submit photocopies but they must be clear and legible:

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/au/en/vacs/ ... -documents

TeacherLuke
Newly Registered
Mood:

Settlement Visa Times

Post by TeacherLuke » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:26 pm

Hi guys/girls

I'm sorry but I have another question about our settlement visa application and hoped you can help us.

We have now submitted our visa application and are ready to make a biometric appointment. We were initially hoping to make a SPV appointment as my wife is pregnant and we need a decision made quickly. However, after looking online, it doesn't seem clear if we can use this appointment type. Does anybody have any experience with this or could advise us on the appointment which could give us the quickest decision?

Thank you so much.

Luke and Bim

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Re: Settlement Visa Times

Post by Fizzy513 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:35 am

TeacherLuke wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:26 pm
Hi guys/girls

I'm sorry but I have another question about our settlement visa application and hoped you can help us.

We have now submitted our visa application and are ready to make a biometric appointment. We were initially hoping to make a SPV appointment as my wife is pregnant and we need a decision made quickly. However, after looking online, it doesn't seem clear if we can use this appointment type. Does anybody have any experience with this or could advise us on the appointment which could give us the quickest decision?

Thank you so much.

Luke and Bim

Hi I also used visa4uk. Unfortunately
, you cannot self upload. I therefore used vfs London. I gd photocopies of al the documents. The vfs employee did not ask to see originals at all. Although, I did have the originals with me.

If you want a quicker decision, not sure if it's available but your better off paying for priority service. Usually you can pay online or at application centre and it costs around 563 pounds extra or so. Check vfs Thailand for more info. Hope that helps!