ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Tier 2 General Visa - 28 days period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sm1304
Newly Registered
United States of America

ILR Tier 2 General Visa - 28 days period

Post by sm1304 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:19 pm

Hi all,

I know this is a topic that I have found across the boards but none relating to my specific situation. I am applying for my ILR in September, where my first initial visa start date was Oct 14th 2014. I believe that this means I can apply on September 16th 2019.

However, due to the fact that I was already a student for 4 years prior to this, I was already in the UK. Do I need to subtract 28 days from my actual visa start date, my employment start date, or the acceptance of my visa letter?

If anyone could give me any advice about the time period that would be great. I have been in the UK a total of 9 years, but I know that applying for ILR means 5 years under Tier 2 rather then 5 years with Tier 2 and Tier 4. But the 28 day rule is very confusing for me!

Thanks!

Sam

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Tier 2 General Visa - 28 days period

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:31 pm

Do I need to subtract 28 days from my actual visa start date, my employment start date, or the acceptance of my visa letter?
Visa start date. You are only on tier 2 from the date your visa was issued.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.