ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa for my Fiancee after got the divorce from my ex wife

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sami 9191
Newly Registered

Spouse visa for my Fiancee after got the divorce from my ex wife

Post by Sami 9191 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:37 pm

Dear All,

I would like help from experienced people on here.

I am British Citizen and was married previously to a british national too and got divorced as things didnt go well.

I am now getting married to non.british national which requires a spouse visa.

My question is: My fiancée doesnt know that I was married before and not willing to tell her as this will be an issue. I believe that UKVI ask for decree absolute as a proof of my divorce and by submitting this my fiancée will know that I was married before. is there anyway where I can avoid this ? Can I write to the UKVI and explain this to them ? or is there any other documents that I can submit to confirm that I am free to get married apart from the decree absolute?

your help is much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa for my Fiancee after got the divorce from my ex wife

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:43 pm

is there anyway where I can avoid this ?
No. It also has to be declared in the form where the questions asks if you have previously been married etc.
Can I write to the UKVI and explain this to them ?

Not really no.
or is there any other documents that I can submit to confirm that I am free to get married apart from the decree absolute?
Nope, you must submit proof that you are free to marry and that is the divorce decree absolute.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:10 pm

Sami 9191 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:37 pm
Dear All,

I would like help from experienced people on here.

I am British Citizen and was married previously to a british national too and got divorced as things didnt go well.

I am now getting married to non.british national which requires a spouse visa.

My question is: My fiancée doesnt know that I was married before and not willing to tell her as this will be an issue. I believe that UKVI ask for decree absolute as a proof of my divorce and by submitting this my fiancée will know that I was married before. is there anyway where I can avoid this ? Can I write to the UKVI and explain this to them ? or is there any other documents that I can submit to confirm that I am free to get married apart from the decree absolute?

your help is much appreciated.
In my opinion she must tell her truth before incurring heavy none-refundable expenses. While giving marriage notice or during the marriage proceedings taking place anywhere you must state your real marital status and if you still try to hide it on marriage certificate then it will lead to deception where HO usually bans the person to apply for many years.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Waiting limited

Post by Waiting limited » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:41 am

Be aware first application for spouse visa and in the first extension and in the second extension same questions
been asked:
your statut
Have you met your your partner?
Where did you first meet?
when did your relationship begin?
where did you first meet your current partner?

Be careful, if your relation started before your divorce then definitely will be refused and banned from entry to UK. any new partner story should start at less 6 months or more (more is better to convince HO of genuine relationship :marriage) after decree absolute.

Be honest and tell her the truth and wait until the right time to start her visa application. Also write down any information you put in her application because some answers of certain questions doesn't come out in the print copy (only OH can see them) , she has to memorise by heart the story of your first met after your divorce of course, dates , places incase they invite her for interview.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:40 pm

Waiting limited wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:41 am

Be careful, if your relation started before your divorce then definitely will be refused and banned from entry to UK. any new partner story should start at less 6 months or more (more is better to convince HO of genuine relationship :marriage) after decree absolute.
Above all is incorrect. Only the requirement is to be free at the time of marrying means already having decree absolute. Your relationship with new partner can even start during the divorce proceedings if you will be going to make spouse visa application (not unmarried partner visa).
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Waiting limited

Post by Waiting limited » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:02 pm

Thank you for correcting me