ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bardi24
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

British citizenship application

Post by bardi24 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:16 pm

Hi everyone,

I am going to start my application process for my British citizenship and I would like some info. What documents do I need to present beside the usual proof of address and others. I know I need to pass life in the UK test, is there anything else beside that I will need to present.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British citizenship application

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:20 pm

What documents do I need to present
Minimal documents. Have you searched the forum and also read the AN Guide and AN booklet?? It tells you what you need as does the online form process at the end.
Beside the usual proof of address and others.

Not required. What route to ilr have you been in??
I know I need to pass life in the UK test, is there anything else beside that I will need to present.
Do you have ILR, EEA PR or EU settled status??

You also need to meet the English B1 requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bardi24
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by bardi24 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:55 pm

I already have my ILR and I have lived here since I was 12. What type English requirement would I need? I have my GCSE ENGLISH, is there anything else?

R-graphite
Mood:

Post by R-graphite » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:12 pm

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications
Approved English language qualifications

You can prove your knowledge of English by having a recognised English test qualification from an approved test centre.

You need to have a certificate to prove you have the qualification, or be able to view your results online.

You can only use English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) qualifications if they’re on the list. You cannot use other qualifications, for example GCSEs, A levels or National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs).

bardi24 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:55 pm
I already have my ILR and I have lived here since I was 12. What type English requirement would I need? I have my GCSE ENGLISH, is there anything else?
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

bardi24
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by bardi24 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:43 pm

Thank you!