ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa to FLR(M) - Question about Sponsors name

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kylerlittle
Newly Registered
Israel

Fiance Visa to FLR(M) - Question about Sponsors name

Post by kylerlittle » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:21 pm

Hello,

I have been searching on this forums and could not find any post related to my question.

I am on a fiance visa currently, and we are going to get married soon and apply for FLR M straight after.
My partner is a female and she's British, and my question is, when we apply does she use her maiden name or her married name on the application (We do intend on changing her last name to mine after the marriage, but there's not enough time to change her passport and other documents before we have to submit the application).

We would appreciate your help, as most posts mention the applicant being a woman and changing her name, so we don't know what we should do.

*Note: we will not have any document by the time we apply of her changed last name (Her passport will have her maiden name also). Secondly, I want to mention that if we do submit the application and the sponsor being in her maiden name, she will shortly after applying (during the application being processed) change her name on her passport, bank, HRMC, will this affect the application in any way?

Thank you very much for your help.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: Fiance Visa to FLR(M) - Question about Sponsors name

Post by ILR1980 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:52 am

I dont see any issue if your sponsor use her present maiden name at the time of application even if she is thinking to change her surname later on . Sponsor name should be matching with names on her passport and others sponsor documents which he/she will be providing in support of your visa application . Once you get your FLRM visa then she can make all changes and can explain it in next visa extension where they often ask about any changes in names of applicant or sponsors before and after marriage

kylerlittle
Newly Registered
Israel

Post by kylerlittle » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:18 pm

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question.

What if she changed her surname on passport, bank and HMRC while the application is being processed? Could we add a letter explaining that we will be in the process of changing her name after we submit the application? Will it affect anything in that case?

Klarae
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Klarae » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:19 pm

I changed my name after my initial 2.5 year application was successful then paid to update my brp with my married name. I changed my passport from my birth country to my married name and used that as evidence to update brp. I did bank accounts few months later.

HO will only issue visa in the name submitted with the application and evidence submitted.

kylerlittle
Newly Registered
Israel

Post by kylerlittle » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:14 pm

Klarae wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:19 pm
I changed my name after my initial 2.5 year application was successful then paid to update my brp with my married name. I changed my passport from my birth country to my married name and used that as evidence to update brp. I did bank accounts few months later.

HO will only issue visa in the name submitted with the application and evidence submitted.
I am not talking about my name, as I am the applicant and I am male. My to be wife is going to change her surname and she's the sponsor. I need help to do with sponsors name.

Klarae
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Klarae » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:17 pm

My advice would be to wait until your application is concluded before making any changes just in case. There is no rush in a married name change as your visa is priority.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:21 pm

Simply apply spouse visa for now and when once you will get it then you will have plenty of time of 2.5 years to sort out these documents. Why you wanting to complicate the things now which you can sort out later in plentiful time.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.