ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Free school meals

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saad12
Newly Registered

Free school meals

Post by saad12 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:18 pm

Hi,

I am British and my husband is Moroccan on a 5 year route with no recourse to public funds. I have just applied for free school meals for my children and then realised that this is a public fund. When applying i assumed that as it was for the children that it was similar to child benefit where all money to the child).

I have since requested to cancel this as I dont want to jeopardise my husbands visa.

Can you please inform me if we are allowed this? And if we are, do we need to state that we are in receipt of this on the ILR application? What category would it be under?

Many Thanks for your response

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Free school meals

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:10 am

Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:

Income Support
income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
income-related Employment and Support Allowance
support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
I think yes it may affect the spouse visa or an undecided ILR application.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.