ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

Leo_one
France

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member travelling with BC under settlement scheme

Post by Leo_one » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:05 pm

Hi I would like to know have anyone got experience travel to any Europe country with BC under EU settlement scheme.
I'm French national and my wife got settled status biometric card because of non eu national. Can she go Spain with this card without visa because I heard it must be mentioned on permit or card eu family members where as card issued under settlement scheme doesn't mention. I'm afraid waste of my money paid for air tickets.
Please you are requested share your experience if anyone have recently gone through. Thanks

hpadrao
Newly Registered
Portugal

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by hpadrao » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:18 pm

Jamiemi wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:04 pm
Received an email today saying that I have been granted pre-settled status - 3 months after application! Further information regarding BRC and official letter is on the way.
Timeline (Tier 2 visa, married to EU citizen for 1 year)
Applied online on the 6th of April (made a mistake with using my Tier 2 BRP)
Got asked to send in my documents by post (they received it on 9th of April)
Multiple calls and emails to EU settlement scheme enquiring about the delay (the delay was due to me submitting my Tier 2 BRP) + a letter from my MP at the end of June
Biometrics appointment invitation by mail (20th of June)
COA - never received one - no idea why..?
3rd of july - sent them another email through their online enquiry form asking for an update
Today (4th of July) - received a reply to that enquiry, where it said that I've been granted pre-settled status and a letter confirming it along with information on BRC is on the way.
Did you go to the Post Office to collect your Biometrics? We are in the same situation but haven't received any updated after the biometric at Post Office on 4th of July.

Thank you.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member travelling with BC under settlement scheme

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:11 pm

Leo_one wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:05 pm
Hi I would like to know have anyone got experience travel to any Europe country with BC under EU settlement scheme.
I'm French national and my wife got settled status biometric card because of non eu national. Can she go Spain with this card without visa because I heard it must be mentioned on permit or card eu family members where as card issued under settlement scheme doesn't mention. I'm afraid waste of my money paid for air tickets.
Please you are requested share your experience if anyone have recently gone through. Thanks
Most airlines and border agents within the EU don't have a clue. Even with a card mentioning "EU Family member", they will ask for a visa, refuse to listen, escalate, cause delays then eventually let you go. With new settlement scheme, these cards are not EU but delivered fully under UK laws. I don't believe they will grant any right within the EU.

oceancat

Post by oceancat » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:04 pm

Leo_one wrote:
My non eu wife and i travelled from the uk to italy and she had no problems leaving the uk or entering italy on her PSS, we did bring our marriage certificate with us just incase but were never asked to produce it.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:47 am

Yes, I went once to Venice with my wife and I agree with you, zero hassle.

Other than that, I don't remember a single trip without issues. It starts at Heathrow were the airline guys ask for a visa and claim you can't travel to EU with EU-national and EEA Family permit. Needless to say, I followed up each incident with a complaint letter and each time they apologized and promised they will train their employees better. Still, you can go this afternoon to Heathrow and 80% of the people working there have no clue about something that and still keep insisting for a Schengen visa.

When you enter or leave other EU countries with a non-EEA partner, your mileage varies but most of the time, the border agent would ask for a visa and you have to explain you don't need it and he will end up calling his boss who would call their super boss... etc. In Germany, it took us 45 minutes in and 45 min out of the country. One of the officials even told my wife "you are illegally in Germany and we can detain you". So he was thick enough to threaten to detain someone with an EEA card for being in an EEA country!!!

Last time we traveled together it was in early 2019 and late 2018 and never without issues. We decided to stop traveling until she gets her British citizenship later this year.

chronh
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by chronh » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:02 am

chronh wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:30 pm
Fani1 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:37 pm
Hi Guys.
I came to Uk in April 2019 and travelled on EEA family member card (spainish). The immigration authorities saw the card at airport and did not stamp the passport.
I applied for eu settlement scheme on 16 May, Bio metrics done on 31 May, CoA received on 6th June.
After that called Resolution centre several times and the answer is very much the same that the application is with case worker can you will receive a decision as soon as it is made.
I am afraid that they are delaying my case as i don't have EU Family Permit or stamp on my passport.
Is there any one who travelled on documents like mine or some one could suggest me that what to do ? Thanks
Passports and permits are scanned when you arrive at the airport and HO can access these information whenever they need to. As you do have a family permit, and your EU sponsor is exercising Treaty rights here in the UK, you will be granted a Pre-settled status. There is no point of calling the Resolution center, if a caseworker needs further information, they will contact you. No need to panic.

My Timeline:
Jan 09 - 2012 (Post-Grad student)
2012 - 2014 (2yr Post-Study Work Visa - We were the last ones to be granted this scheme)
May 2014 - May 2019 (Family Member of an EEA Resident) - before this expired, I sent my application via EU settlement scheme as myself. No Sponsor. I only provided my resident card number (on a sticker on my passport), my NI number, and passport number.
18th May 2019 - Submitted EU application
24th May 2019 - Biometrics in London (Very expensive, there was no free appointment near where I live, had to pay and travel)
05th June 2019 - COA received
08th July 2019 - Settled status received
Waiting for BRP Card
Divorce: Still processing (the petition was filed in August, 2018), Decree Nisi is out, Decree Absolute possibly in the next two weeks).

One thing you should do is to wait. Most of the times, when you submit a lot of evidences trying to prove something, that is when you create a lot of suspicions. The trick is to provide only what is asked at that particular time. Caseworkers can see these things from the word go. There are lots of applications especially cases that are not straightforward. Be patient and wait for them to contact you.
Finally received my BRC today. Good luck everyone

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:01 pm

Thanks all of you share your experiences and I hope my family will not face any trouble while traveling with BRC to Schengen states

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:04 pm

oceancat wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:04 pm
Leo_one wrote:
My non eu wife and i travelled from the uk to italy and she had no problems leaving the uk or entering italy on her PSS, we did bring our marriage certificate with us just incase but were never asked to produce it.

Thanks all of you share your experiences and I hope my family will not face any trouble while traveling with BRC to Schengen states

Littlemoor
BANNED
Pakistan

Done my biometricEU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Littlemoor » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:26 pm

Hello.

I am non eu. I just done my biometrics..
Application sent 9july 2019
Biometrics done 12 July.
French wife got settle stattus on 1 july

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:29 pm

COA 3rd May
Received call and email 5th July asking for Eu national residency proof
I send 7th July

Do you know how long they take or again must wait 2 months for another call ???
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Littlemoor
BANNED
Pakistan

Post by Littlemoor » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:16 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:29 pm
COA 3rd May
Received call and email 5th July asking for Eu national residency proof
I send 7th July

Do you know how long they take or again must wait 2 months for another call ???

Just send 5 year proof, bank statements..
For my French wife, first they said on line pre settle stattus, but I was not happy, they said send us proof for June 2015 to July 2016, and on the same day she was granted settle stattus..

cookiemonster19
Newly Registered
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by cookiemonster19 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:21 pm

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. Here is my timeline (so far)

Online application submission: 12 June 2019
Biometric enrolment: 3 July 2019 (I had to pay for this one, nothing was free around my place, not sure if this was normal though as some ppl mentioned the process should be free)

To date I am still waiting for any progress or news from HO. I called resolution centre 3x and got same answer every time that everything's okay and I just need to wait. I came to the UK early June on EEA Family Permit as a spouse of an EEA national who already got a settled status. My application is linked to his application. I provided my bank statement and EEA Family Permit as supporting documents of my case. I am quite confident that my case is straightforward, however, I have not heard anything from the Home Office. I suspect that no one looks into my case yet.

Is there anyone here experiencing the same delay?

Littlemoor
BANNED
Pakistan

What am I going to get..: Done my biometricEU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Littlemoor » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:37 pm

Littlemoor wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:26 pm
Hello.

I am non eu. I just done my biometrics..
Application sent 9july 2019
Biometrics done 12 July.
French wife got settle stattus on 1 july

I have submitted, my 7 year old marriage certificate,my wife id, I put my wife settle stattus reference number
Feeling very excited and scared.
Not sure what I will get
Plz advise :|

chowdhary123
Newly Registered

Post by chowdhary123 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:14 pm

guys pls need help urgent....
sep-2014 got married to eea national
applied in sep got call for interview and detained the released and won appeal in 2015 and vignett on passport.2016 lost paspport and applied again and got RC now my 5 year of marrige will be completed after 45 days.question is can i aplly mine and my wife settled status online now or shall i wait 45 days and apply when exactly 5 years completed from my marrige.
i appreciate your help in advance.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:54 pm

Even if you are 1 day short, don't apply. Wait until you have completed 5 years to the day. Even 4.999 years is not enough. You need 5 years. Some here got lucky with settlement while they were a few weeks short, but it you don't have any reason to be in hurry, just prepare your documents and lodge your application in 45 days.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:01 pm

Question if anyone knows:

Does the time spent under Tier 4 (student) visa before switch to EEA family member counts towards the EU Settlement scheme?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:32 pm

cookiemonster19 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:21 pm

Biometric enrolment: 3 July 2019

Processing start from COA issued date. Do you have any Email ? They send it after Biometrics .

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:36 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:01 pm

Does the time spent under Tier 4 (student) visa before switch to EEA family member counts towards the EU Settlement scheme?

No it's in the Caseworker Guidance . " where they have completed a continuous qualifying period of residence in the UK and Islands of 5 years – as a relevant EEA citizen, a family member of a relevant EEA citizen "
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-07-14 at 23.35.44.png
Screenshot 2019-07-14 at 23.35.44.png (225.75 KiB) Viewed 1706 times

cookiemonster19
Newly Registered
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by cookiemonster19 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:34 am

askmeplz82 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:32 pm
cookiemonster19 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:21 pm

Biometric enrolment: 3 July 2019

Processing start from COA issued date. Do you have any Email ? They send it after Biometrics .
What do you mean by having any email? You mean if I have received email from HO? Nada. Nothing after biometrics. Hence, my concern. As I am pretty sure application is straightforward. Shouldn't have wait for 2months or more I suppose

chowdhary123
Newly Registered

Post by chowdhary123 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:57 am

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:01 pm

Yes i spent 4 years on student visa before i switched to eea family member

Faizanhakim
India

Post by Faizanhakim » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:41 am

One more case which is waiting game

Applied for PR in feb 2019.

No answer till now decided to apply for settlement looking at the speedy process while PR application is being still under process

Applied settlement June 6th
Biometrics June 7th
No update till mid of June started calling resolution centre answer was everything is fine case worker will make decision soon. After few more calls they said I need to send in my passport which was with PR which I requested back in may but never received it. Involved MP who sent me letter back saying we will contact home office on your behalf to make decision asap as I have a family emergency. Since then again I called PR asking update on my passport return they said if you didn’t receive it send the request again which after 10 days I received and sent it to Settlement people 2 weeks ago gave them call explaining my circumstances and they said they now have everything and they will escalate case but then never heard anything for a week not even a coa after getting frustrated spoke with manager who said that they will escalate my case via quality management team and again since then when I ca them only answer I receive is that it’s in process. Couple of questions here

How long does it take after receiving COA is there any chance of having coa and decision on same day for non eu.
Can I travel out of country with expired visa as when they will make decision my visa can be posted to me which I can use to come back in.
What is going on with PR department now that they don’t have many cases still takes them 5 months to process application.

I can feel pain for all here waiting as I am not working from last 5 months and just waiting game makes the day even longer

Thanks

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:09 am

Can I travel out of country with expired visa ? no

They will post it to your London address

they may even ask for more information to send by email so how you will give it to them if your are outside ?

Faizanhakim
India

Post by Faizanhakim » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:12 am

Once I leave they can post it to my UK address and my house mate can post it to me.

And if they require any documents it will be most probably online which I can upload

Just a thought

Kind regards

AngiCeramics
Newly Registered

Post by AngiCeramics » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:59 am

AngiCeramics wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:48 pm
Non eu spouse, not holding any BRC, no EEA Family permit.

Applied: 15 APRIL 2019
Biometrics appointment: 17 APRIL 2019 (Croydon)
COA: 30 APRIL 2019 @ 17:30
Decision: Pre-settled status 04 JUL 2019 @ 02:00 PM
Waiting : BRP CARD

All the process took almost 3 months for me. I had never called Home office until 2 or 3 weeks ago and they told me they would speed the case up since I'd been waiting for so long and my application seemed correct. Nothing happened, so I called again 3 days ago, and they told me same thing, they would speed my case, and if I didn't get any news in two weeks I should call again. But today I got the e-mail! Now waiting for the BRP card.
Do you know if I need to get NIN, or with this new online system is enough for work?

Thanks! Good luck
I got my BRC on 9 JULY 2019 via DX delivery (London). My signature and ID (passport) was required. They dropped by the day before and couldn't leave it at the mail box so they left the "we have a package for you" paper and I arranged delivery for the next day.

Since I didn't have NINo, I called to get an appointment (check the number at gov.uk), and got an appointment for 11 JULY. Really lucky. I went, did it. Now waiting for the letter with my NIN.
The good thing is I can start working now with the BRC, but it is important to have the NIN for the taxes and stuff.

Hope my information helps!

quadrilateral
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by quadrilateral » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:59 am

Hi All,

I am new to this forum as well as new to UK. I am EU citizen and already applied for pre-settled on 13th July, received COA but waiting for final decision.

Question:
1. Can I use my non eu spouse residence card to apply with Android APP? It has a CHIP. If not where can i find details steps process. I already searched this forum + Gov.UK didn't find enough help.

2. Did someone applied for children's under 5 yr? Can anyone share what are the steps and docs required?

Thanks,