ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa and EU Settlement scheme has been successful

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

k90252
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Tier 2 visa and EU Settlement scheme has been successful

Post by k90252 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:54 pm

I was holding Tier 2 visa till December 2021. And I applied EU Settlement scheme(I applied with my partner) has been successful and that you have been granted Limited Leave in the United Kingdom for five years under Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules. This is also referred to as
pre-settled status which is 12 July 2024.

There is a gap betweeen Tier 2 visa December 2021 and EU Settlement scheme 12 July 2024.

In this case, I have few questions:
1) Do I need to inform my current employor if I want to change my job and do I cancle the T2 visa?
2) If I need to cancle my Tier 2 job, will the NHS fee be refund? or in the other three year 2022-2024 do I need to pay the NHS fee?
3) If I want to change my job,do I need to do another RMTL? or I do not need to follow Tier 2 anymore?
4) After my Tier 2 visa expired in December 2021, can I keep stay in UK as EU Settlement Scheme granted me to stay till July 2024, how to renew my current residence permit> or I do not need to renew it as I also send my passport to home office with the EU Settlement scheme? there will be a record in my passport?

Thank you for your help.

More EU Settlement scheme email as following:
=============================================================
I am pleased to inform you that your application under the EU Settlement Scheme has been successful and that you have been granted Limited Leave in the United Kingdom for five years under Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules. This is also referred to as
pre-settled status. If you were within the UK on the date of your application, that is Limited Leave to Remain. If you were outside the UK on the date of your application, that is Limited Leave to Enter.

Your status takes effect from the date of this letter, which can be found above.

Your pre-settled status will expire on 12 July 2024.
=============================================================

You can work in the UK until 12 July 2024

Details
You can work in any job.
To continue to work in the UK after the time stated, you will need to apply
for settled status before your leave expires.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 visa and EU Settlement scheme has been successful

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:27 pm

1) Do I need to inform my current employor if I want to change my job and do I cancle the T2 visa?
As both tier 2 and Appendix EU are granted under the UK immigration rules, your Tier 2 has likely been cancelled automatically. You will need to inform your employer that your visa status has changed and provide evidence in the form of a BRP card to prove it. It is your employer that has to update the SMS system and inform HO etc.
2) If I need to cancle my Tier 2 job, will the NHS fee be refund? or in the other three year 2022-2024 do I need to pay the NHS fee?
IHS is not currently payable for Appendix EU applications. Unlikely you will get a refunds of IHS you have already paid.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds
You will not get a refund if:

your visa application is successful but you do not come to the UK
you leave the UK before your visa ends, for example to make a new application
you’re told to leave the UK before your visa expires
you’re applying for indefinite leave to remain or changing to another visa where you do not need to pay the IHS
3) If I want to change my job,do I need to do another RMTL? or I do not need to follow Tier 2 anymore?
No. You are free to work for any employer. You are no longer under the Tier 2 rules.
4) After my Tier 2 visa expired in December 2021, can I keep stay in UK as EU Settlement Scheme granted me to stay till July 2024, how to renew my current residence permit> or I do not need to renew it as I also send my passport to home office with the EU Settlement scheme? there will be a record in my passport?
See my comments above already about your tier 2. Not sure what renewal you are asking about and passport etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

k90252
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by k90252 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:42 pm

Thank you for your reply. :lol:

Base on your reply could I ask more question?
CR001 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:27 pm
1) Do I need to inform my current employer if I want to change my job and do I cancle the T2 visa?
As both tier 2 and Appendix EU are granted under the UK immigration rules, your Tier 2 has likely been cancelled automatically. You will need to inform your employer that your visa status has changed and provide evidence in the form of a BRP card to prove it. It is your employer that has to update the SMS system and inform HO etc.

>>How to prove in the form of a BRP card? I noticed home office did not Collecting fingerprints or asking take photo? Will I receive a new BRP card under Appendix EU automatically? Or should I call to home office ask about this procedure might be miss?
2) If I need to cancel my Tier 2 job, will the NHS fee be refund? or in the other three year 2022-2024 do I need to pay the NHS fee?
IHS is not currently payable for Appendix EU applications. Unlikely you will get a refunds of IHS you have already paid.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds
You will not get a refund if:

your visa application is successful but you do not come to the UK
you leave the UK before your visa ends, for example to make a new application
you’re told to leave the UK before your visa expires
you’re applying for indefinite leave to remain or changing to another visa where you do not need to pay the IHS
>> Thank you for the information about IHS refund.
If I applied for refund, base on current currently payable for Appendix EU applications, I do not need to pay IHS fee, and in the meantime I can still go to GP, right?

No. You are free to work for any employer. You are no longer under the Tier 2 rules.

See my comments above already about your tier 2. Not sure what renewal you are asking about and passport etc.
>> This is refer to the question I ask above, will I get a new BRP card base on Appendix EU

Thank you again :)

k90252
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by k90252 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:28 pm

Refer to first question, I haven't received the letter to ask me to do Biometric Enrolment. Is here something wrong?