ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa appeal

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Spencerscrew
Newly Registered
Ireland

Visa appeal

Post by Spencerscrew » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:40 pm

Want to make an enquiry regarding a visa appeal for non EU national my mother to be precise. Just to give a little background 

I hold a stamp 4 based on marriage to an Irish citizen. My husband had invited my mum for a visit in march to come and visit the new grandchild as I was pregnant at the moment ,gave birth on march . unfortunately she was refused and we applied for an appeal in April 2019 and at the moment we haven't received any decision from them.
The visa appeal was made from her home country (non eu )
 Was wondering if I should involve a solicitor as the appeal decision has taken long

altalb
Albania

Re: Visa appeal

Post by altalb » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:02 pm

Hi, a couple of years ago my mother-in-law visa was refused as well but we actually made the appeal here in Dublin. The approval came in 3-4 days after the appeal but I think the reason for that was because the refusal made no sense, they said she didn't submit our GNIBs for example while the Irish embassy in Rome checked if every one of the documents was in order. The visa was lodged in Italy (her current permanent residence) but she is non EU.
I also went to the INIS office in Dublin before the appeal to try and get more info and also wrote a couple of emails to the visa office CC the embassy in Rome.
Best of luck!

Spencerscrew
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Visa appeal

Post by Spencerscrew » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:29 pm

Thank u so much for your reply. I would have to consult a solicitor.