ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Relationship details - Spousal VISA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

PWMJ1979
Newly Registered

Partner with disability - NHS surcharge and VISA extension

Post by PWMJ1979 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:06 pm

Dear all,

My partner may have a disability they have inherited from an older family member. The ability of this person to remain in full-time employment will be affected. However, we are applying for the UK spousal VISA but are concerned for two main reasons:

a) We are not sure if we apply for a VISA extension, the NHS surcharge will be increased if my partner has a disability?

b) Also, will my partner would be refused a VISA extension if the disability is confirmed?

I have Canadian PR and my partner is a full Canadian citizen, so remaining in Canada will be an option

Hope somebody can provide us with some answers.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Partner with disability - NHS surcharge and VISA extension

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:08 pm

a) We are not sure if we apply for a VISA extension, the NHS surcharge will be increased if my partner has a disability?
It won't. It is a flat rate and the same for everyone @ £400 per year.
b) Also, will my partner would be refused a VISA extension if the disability is confirmed?
No, that would be discrimination which is illegal.

How are you planning on meeting the financial requirement, assuming you are British?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

PWMJ1979
Newly Registered

Relationship details - Spousal VISA

Post by PWMJ1979 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:25 pm

Hi,

On the 'Relationship details' section of the UK Spousal VISA application form, it asks 'Are you currently married or in a relationship with another person?'

My question is, does this include being married to your sponsor, or is it asking about previous marriages?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Relationship details - Spousal VISA

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:41 pm

PWMJ1979 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:25 pm
Hi,

On the 'Relationship details' section of the UK Spousal VISA application form, it asks 'Are you currently married or in a relationship with another person?'

My question is, does this include being married to your sponsor, or is it asking about previous marriages?
The key word is "currently"!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.