ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and status of Tier 2 dependent visa.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

curiousja
India

ILR and status of Tier 2 dependent visa.

Post by curiousja » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:23 pm

Hi all,

Apologies if I could ‘t find the answers in the previous posts.

My status is as follows-

• I am on a Tier 2 (General) visa, my visa is valid until Jan 2020. I will finish my 5 years on Tier2 General visa in Aug 2019.
• My wife and son joined me in Dec 2014 and are on Tier 2 Dependent visa (PBS dependent), they will finish their 5 years in Dec 2019, and their visa is also valid until Jan 2020.
• My another child is born in UK in Nov 2015 and on a Tier 2 Dependent visa (PBS Dependent) which is also valid until Jan 2020.

I would be extremely grateful if you could help me on some questions, they are as follows-

• Please suggest after getting my ILR (hopefully in Aug 2019) whether my dependents (wife and son) will still remain as a Tier 2 dependents or their status will change? In Dec 2019 when they finish can they still apply as Tier-2 dependent, as I am no longer will be on Tier-2 visa?

• After getting the ILR, can I register my UK born child directly as a British citizen by skipping the ILR route?

• After getting my ILR, my dependents can travel outside UK with their dependent status, between the period Aug-Dec 2019?

• After getting ILR, if I change the job, please suggest whether my dependents Tier-2 visa will still be valid as it will be based on previous sponsor, so if I change the job, my wife and son can still apply for ILR ?and I can apply for my daughter’s naturalisation.

Thank you!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR and status of Tier 2 dependent visa.

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:52 pm

curiousja wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:23 pm
Hi all,

Apologies if I could ‘t find the answers in the previous posts.

My status is as follows-

• I am on a Tier 2 (General) visa, my visa is valid until Jan 2020. I will finish my 5 years on Tier2 General visa in Aug 2019.
• My wife and son joined me in Dec 2014 and are on Tier 2 Dependent visa (PBS dependent), they will finish their 5 years in Dec 2019, and their visa is also valid until Jan 2020.
• My another child is born in UK in Nov 2015 and on a Tier 2 Dependent visa (PBS Dependent) which is also valid until Jan 2020.

I would be extremely grateful if you could help me on some questions, they are as follows-

• Please suggest after getting my ILR (hopefully in Aug 2019) whether my dependents (wife and son) will still remain as a Tier 2 dependents or their status will change? In Dec 2019 when they finish can they still apply as Tier-2 dependent, as I am no longer will be on Tier-2 visa?
Given, you will apply ILR on 5 year route and NOT LR, your wife and son will remain on the same PBS dependent route till they qualify for ILR in Dec 2019. They must apply before the expiry of the current visa though. Do NOT change their route otherwise their ILR counter will reset to zero

• After getting the ILR, can I register my UK born child directly as a British citizen by skipping the ILR route?
You do not have to apply ILR for a UK born child. Once your ILR is sorted, you can register your child as British Citizen via MN1 route. Most likely HO will write to you why you have not applied for your child. It is normal procedure they follow. All you have to reply is the same as above

• After getting my ILR, my dependents can travel outside UK with their dependent status, between the period Aug-Dec 2019?
Yes

• After getting ILR, if I change the job, please suggest whether my dependents Tier-2 visa will still be valid as it will be based on previous sponsor, so if I change the job, my wife and son can still apply for ILR ?and I can apply for my daughter’s naturalisation.

I dont think changing jobs will have any impact on dependents visa after your ILR but wait for someone else to confirm this answer

Thank you!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:45 am

Given, you will apply ILR on 5 year route and NOT LR, your wife and son will remain on the same PBS dependent route till they qualify for ILR in Dec 2019. They must apply before the expiry of the current visa though. Do NOT change their route otherwise their ILR counter will reset to zero

-- so after my ILR, my dependents visa will be still valid as PBS dependent visa, and they can still apply for their ILR?.

You do not have to apply ILR for a UK born child. Once your ILR is sorted, you can register your child as British Citizen via MN1 route. Most likely HO will write to you why you have not applied for your child. It is normal procedure they follow. All you have to reply is the same as above

-- Thanks, so for my daughter, I don't need to finish 5 years as she is born here, and same question- as I take ILR her PBS dependent Tier 2 visa will still be valid?

I dont think changing jobs will have any impact on dependents visa after your ILR but wait for someone else to confirm this answer

-- I would greatly appreciate if any guru or senor member can please help me on this as I need to apply very soon!

Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:00 am

curiousja wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:45 am

-- so after my ILR, my dependents visa will be still valid as PBS dependent visa, and they can still apply for their ILR?.

-- Thanks, so for my daughter, I don't need to finish 5 years as she is born here, and same question- as I take ILR her PBS dependent Tier 2 visa will still be valid?

-- I would greatly appreciate if any guru or senor member can please help me on this as I need to apply very soon!

Thanks!
1) Yes
2) UK born child is eligible to register as BC regardless if the child has a valid or expired PBS dependent visa anytime after one parent is granted ILR.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:17 am

Many thanks!