ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish citizenship test?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hdsgnr

Irish citizenship test?

Post by hdsgnr » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:33 pm

Hello,

Is there some sort of naturalization test with questions for Ireland, before you get citizenship?
A colleague told me today, that there's also a test, and I'm not sure if he is messing or not. I couldn't find any info about test/exam in the official gov site.
If that's true, could you point me to the right place to read about it?

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Re: Irish citizenship test?

Post by zaza7625 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:19 pm

hdsgnr wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:33 pm
Hello,

Is there some sort of naturalization test with questions for Ireland, before you get citizenship?
A colleague told me today, that there's also a test, and I'm not sure if he is messing or not. I couldn't find any info about test/exam in the official gov site.
there is no test or exam to obtain citizenship in ireland whatsoever. Only thing is to be a good character and have a reckonable residence in ireland.

South African spouse
South Africa

Post by South African spouse » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:50 pm

hdsgnr wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:33 pm
Hello,

You need to show proof of reckonable residence on the residency calculator to show u are eligible to apply and this has to be included in your application
If your stamps don't add up in that your application will not be accepted

hdsgnr

Post by hdsgnr » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:07 pm

Thank you guys for the clarification. So my colleague was either messing or didn't know what he was talking :)

South African spouse wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:50 pm
You need to show proof of reckonable residence on the residency calculator to show u are eligible to apply and this has to be included in your application
If your stamps don't add up in that your application will not be accepted
I'm EU citizen already, so using residency calc isn't required in my case, since I don't get stamps. I have to provide 3 different letters (bills, statements etc.) for each year.

altalb
Albania

Post by altalb » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:54 am

No test whatsoever but I there has been articles on the media last year about the possibility to include a language test. See for reference : https://www.thejournal.ie/language-test ... 2-May2018/
or https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/l ... 70943.html