ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pakistan - Schengan Visa for Non-EU Spouse (Belgium)

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Abr2704
Newly Registered
Fiji

Pakistan - Schengan Visa for Non-EU Spouse (Belgium)

Post by Abr2704 » Mon May 21, 2018 9:01 pm

The process to get a Schengan visa short stay for your non-EU spouse in Islamabad is as follows:
    Marriage Registration Certificate (yes the English one only) and Birth Certificate of the non-EU Pakistani spouse - need to be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Islamabad. (They charge only 10 rupees per document but there are very long queues in place and you will need your Urdu Nika Nama for the attestation - as both the English and Urdu get attested together).
      Once attested, get a Statment of Confirmation typed up detailing why you are going to Belgium and book refundable Tickets for you and your non-EU spouse to Belgium.
        Next, go to the Belgium visa website, apply and download Schengan application.
          Finally, book an appointment with Gerrys in Islamabad: http://www.belgiumvisa-pakistan.com/fam ... ation.html & take with you 40 Euros to get both the Marriage and Birth Certificates legalized by Belgium (this is a requirement and is absolutly necessary).

If Belgium refuse your application on dubious grounds or don't respond after 15 calendar days, go to the EU's SOLVIT website and submit a complaint. They will take over and get the Belgian's to issue a visa.

FaarzH

Re: Pakistan - Schengan Visa for Non-EU Spouse (Belgium)

Post by FaarzH » Tue May 22, 2018 7:42 am

Abr2704 wrote:
          Mon May 21, 2018 9:01 pm
          The process to get a Schengan visa short stay for your non-EU spouse in Islamabad is as follows:
            Marriage Registration Certificate (yes the English one only) and Birth Certificate of the non-EU Pakistani spouse - need to be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Islamabad. (They charge only 10 rupees per document but there are very long queues in place and you will need your Urdu Nika Nama for the attestation - as both the English and Urdu get attested together).
              Once attested, get a Statment of Confirmation typed up detailing why you are going to Belgium and book refundable Tickets for you and your non-EU spouse to Belgium.
                Next, go to the Belgium visa website, apply and download Schengan application.
                  Finally, book an appointment with Gerrys in Islamabad: http://www.belgiumvisa-pakistan.com/fam ... ation.html & take with you 40 Euros to get both the Marriage and Birth Certificates legalized by Belgium (this is a requirement and is absolutly necessary).

If Belgium refuse your application on dubious grounds or don't respond after 15 calendar days, go to the EU's SOLVIT website and submit a complaint. They will take over and get the Belgian's to issue a visa.
                  how long it tooked you to get a reply from solvit we applied to solvit and its been 1 month now no progress so far, we applied for netherlands not belgium

Abr2704
                  Newly Registered
                  Fiji

Awaiting SOLVIT

Post by Abr2704 » Tue May 22, 2018 11:02 am

I emailed documents only yesterday across to SOLVIT and they said they will lodge a complaint with the Belgians. I will see what they come up with and the length of time taken and post on here. I must say it is not encouraging to here you have been waiting 1 month, although I know with some SOLVIT cases they can take 8 weeks or so.

Also, the Belgians replied to me in Dutch - had to use Google Translate. They are not a very helpful bunch.

sohail akhter

Post by sohail akhter » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:47 pm

Were you able to get visa??

Abr2704
                  Newly Registered
                  Fiji

Post by Abr2704 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:57 pm

No - I ended up applying directly to the United Kingdom and received that visa within two months.

The Belgian Government refused based on the age of my spouse being below 18, which contravenes the 'Child Marriage Restraint Act 1929' made in British India, today Pakistan.

There is a distinction in Pakistani/Bengali law which recognizes these marriages as valid but conducted illegally. The Belgians took advantage of this distinction.

The UK does recognize these marriages as valid which they rightfully are. Hence, I got my visa.