ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Shannondoggy
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Shannondoggy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:42 pm

Does one receive confirmation when the the online application is submitted? I attempted to submit my application online today and did not receive confirmation that it went through. Is there a way to check?

Lee2521
Ireland

Post by Lee2521 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:17 pm

Shannondoggy wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:42 pm
Does one receive confirmation when the the online application is submitted? I attempted to submit my application online today and did not receive confirmation that it went through. Is there a way to check?
Hi Shannon
You should of been sent an e-mail to confirm your payment. This was what I received from the DFA well the short version

Thank you for submitting your application

Order ID FBR :
Amount Received :
Date :

It might not send straight away also check your junk mail just incase and I hope you get your confirmation very soon

Shannondoggy
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Shannondoggy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:15 pm

Thank you for responding. How many days would you wait to resubmit if it is not received?

usczkat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by usczkat » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:07 pm

Hol292 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:28 am
Well guys, my wait is over.

I received my FBR certificate and documents this morning.

So it would appear August 2018 applications are being processed and it’s quite quick once you make it to the top of the pile.

Finding this forum was a massive comfort when I’d sent off my application but not heard anything....and even more so when the estimated timeframe passed.

Hope everyone who is waiting gets some good news soon.
What date did they recieve you'r application? Where are you located? Congrats and thanks for informing!

Lee2521
Ireland

Post by Lee2521 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:57 pm

Shannondoggy wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:15 pm
Thank you for responding. How many days would you wait to resubmit if it is not received?
Hi Shannon
No problem happy to help and I wouldn't resubmit if you have already done it but did you go through the final stages of the online application including paying the fee and then printing out your online application?

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:53 pm

Hol292 wrote:

So it would appear August 2018 applications are being processed and it’s quite quick once you make it to the top of the pile.

Finding this forum was a massive comfort when I’d sent off my application but not heard anything....and even more so when the estimated timeframe passed.

Warm congratulations on making it onto the FBR. I am sure you are delighted.

Can you let me know when your actual date of addition to the register was (as indicated on the certificate) so that I can update the processing times list that we keep? Thank you in advance.

I remember a week or so ago I said that you should be the next to hear something based on date received. It would be nice to know that things are proceeding in date received sequence. In the meantime, however, Oction popped up with an August 1st 2018 application date - which means that we are no longer in the position of all the people from the start of August having been moved through.

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:00 pm

FlyingMum wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:07 pm
I apologise if this has been asked before but are, in anyone’s experience, straightforward applications being processed quicker i.e. ones with a clear paper trail any faster than more complex ones. Or, does it appear that they are just working systematically through the pile?
The problem is that we simply do not know what qualifies as a complex case. I imagine that it is one where the document set is incomplete and further documentation is required. Moreover, the need for clarifications of certain details may render an application complex.

Jacqui has been waiting the longest of all and her case did require additional documentation and clarifications. On the other hand, Richard applied from Scotland and needed additional documents, but still made it on to the FBR within 4.5 months - before suffering from similar printing issues to those I faced. There are also plenty of non-complex cases that seem to be taking 11 months.

In short, it is hard to say definitively, but one has to assume, based on the fact that the DFA say complex cases can take longer, that they probably do.

SamJakeChloe
Newly Registered

Post by SamJakeChloe » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:44 am

SamJakeChloe wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:52 am
Hi Everyone,

I just thought I would post my experience as it seems to be different from a lot of others on this forum.

Im british but living overseas and applied for FBR based on my paternal grandfather being born and raised in Belfast.
  • 18th Jan 2019 - Applied online & paid
  • 21st Jan 2019 - Documents Received at Irish Embassy (based on courier tracking)
  • No confirmation received from either embassy or Dublin that the documents had been received or being processed (in case anyone is concerned because they didnt receive email notification)
  • 18th Jun 2019 - I called the embassy just to confirm that the application is being processed and they informed me it is currently in Dublin but no update on status
  • 9th Jul 2019 - Received an email from the Irish Embassy saying "We are pleased to inform you that your Foreign Birth Registration application has been approved. The Certificate is ready for collection."
Not sure why mine appeared to be much faster than most. Possibly because there aren't many applications from my embassy I guess?

I hope this gives some of you hope, especially those applying from overseas embassies.
Just received the certificate today from the embassy. The entry date into the FBR is stated end of April. So that was 3 months from applying and around 2.5 months for the cert to get printed and sent to the embassy.

I hope this does give hope to others who applied overseas and are still waiting.

usczkat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by usczkat » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:52 am

usczkat wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:07 pm
Hol292 wrote:

What date did they recieve you'r application? Where are you located? Congrats and thanks for informing!
Also, did you receive an email first, or did you just get your cert in the mail with no email congratulating you, as some of the others have mentioned? Thanks

expatlux
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by expatlux » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:38 pm

My timeline thus far:

April 17, 2019 Applied online.
May 14, 2019 Application received based on An Post tracking.
May 14, 2019 dfat.ie confirmation email that application and supporting documentation received.

An infant with a naturalised Irish citizen parent should, in theory, be one of the most straight forward FBR applications possible. Applied from within Ireland. I'm hoping FBR will be processed and we'll have baby's Irish passport by Christmas (of 2019 haha).

Pasoma
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Pasoma » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:57 am

Posting my timeline to this new thread. All req docs submitted along with witnessed affidavit explaining naming discrepancy on one document

1. Moved in Ireland quick due to work & Kids in Africa
2. Instructed a Solicitor to worked on my case in October 2018
Application FB1B for my kids have been submitted online: 28th November 2018
3. Sent email to Irish Embassy in Nigeria for more information about the process on 15th January 2019 and was advice to send all document in Nigeria
4. Application and materials sent via DHL to Irish Embassy in Nigeria: 22nd January 2019
5. Acknowledgment of receipt from by the Embassy in Nigeria: 24th January 2019
6. Email Foreign Birth Registration in Dublin & Nigeria Embassy for update: 29th March 2019 see copy of email below:
“Dear Messieurs:
I refer to your correspondence dated 29th March in relation to an enquiry from your client, Mr XXXXXX, in relation to Foreign Births Registration applications for his children.
Applications for the above minors were received in the Embassy on 24 January 2019.
You should be aware that it takes approximately 6 months to process an application for FBR.
However, as FBR is a complex process, applications can take up to 12 months to process
A member of staff from the Embassy will contact your client if any further documentation or clarifications are required to process the applications.
Yours sincerely

7. 16th May 2019 Got Email from Solicitor see below

“Dear XXX
I hope you are well.
The last correspondence indicated that the applications are now being processed.
However, the processing time is indicated as six months, so I do not expect correspondence from them for another few months.
Kind Regards,”

Since then No correspondence, hope to receive a good response from Irish Embassy in Nigeria by 24th June 2019, it will be 6 Months waiting

I am still waiting to find out how the fees will be paid?? Still no response from Embassy

The only correspondence that I have received from the Irish Embassy in Nigeria/DFA since the 29th March 2019, has been the generic response “your application is being examined” whenever I have requested a status update.

Thanks

DanaMarie
Ireland

Post by DanaMarie » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:19 pm

Pasoma wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:57 am
Posting my timeline to this new thread. All req docs submitted along with witnessed affidavit explaining naming discrepancy on one document

1. Moved in Ireland quick due to work & Kids in Africa
2. Instructed a Solicitor to worked on my case in October 2018
Application FB1B for my kids have been submitted online: 28th November 2018
3. Sent email to Irish Embassy in Nigeria for more information about the process on 15th January 2019 and was advice to send all document in Nigeria
4. Application and materials sent via DHL to Irish Embassy in Nigeria: 22nd January 2019
5. Acknowledgment of receipt from by the Embassy in Nigeria: 24th January 2019
6. Email Foreign Birth Registration in Dublin & Nigeria Embassy for update: 29th March 2019 see copy of email below:
“Dear Messieurs:
I refer to your correspondence dated 29th March in relation to an enquiry from your client, Mr XXXXXX, in relation to Foreign Births Registration applications for his children.
Applications for the above minors were received in the Embassy on 24 January 2019.
You should be aware that it takes approximately 6 months to process an application for FBR.
However, as FBR is a complex process, applications can take up to 12 months to process
A member of staff from the Embassy will contact your client if any further documentation or clarifications are required to process the applications.
Yours sincerely

7. 16th May 2019 Got Email from Solicitor see below

“Dear XXX
I hope you are well.
The last correspondence indicated that the applications are now being processed.
However, the processing time is indicated as six months, so I do not expect correspondence from them for another few months.
Kind Regards,”

Since then No correspondence, hope to receive a good response from Irish Embassy in Nigeria by 24th June 2019, it will be 6 Months waiting

I am still waiting to find out how the fees will be paid?? Still no response from Embassy

The only correspondence that I have received from the Irish Embassy in Nigeria/DFA since the 29th March 2019, has been the generic response “your application is being examined” whenever I have requested a status update.

Thanks

According to many others on this thread, the DFA is lately advising a 12 month time-frame for processing. My documents were received in Balbriggan 5 days after yours and my attorney advised me a couple of months ago she called the DFA and was told 11-14 months. So welcome to the long waiting game with the rest of us!

Pasoma
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Pasoma » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:41 pm

Thanks DonaMarie,

But I am still waiting to pay the fee, mine hit's in Nigeria. Its just a waiting game right?
Regards

Laurie9434

Post by Laurie9434 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:25 pm

I am at the 11 month mark... it can’t be much longer! Ugh!

Laurie

Jacqui309

Post by Jacqui309 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:53 pm

Laurie9434 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:25 pm

Laurie
Mine will be 14 months tomorrow from receipt!

Jacqui309

Post by Jacqui309 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:53 pm

Laurie9434 wrote:

Laurie

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:56 pm

Pasoma wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:41 pm
Thanks DonaMarie,

But I am still waiting to pay the fee, mine hit's in Nigeria. Its just a waiting game right?
Regards
I would not worry too much about the fee situation. Some applicants are charged the minute their electronic application is received - this happened in my case. Others have reported only having their credit cards charged months later - essentially when their application is reviewed or perhaps even when it is approved. I think this payment processing time will depend on the protocols of the embassy in Nigeria in your case.

As it has been confirmed to you that your application has been safely received, I don't think there is any cause for angst in this instance.

usczkat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by usczkat » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:29 am

Jacqui309 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:53 pm
Laurie9434 wrote:

Laurie
Waiting, waiting, sending out lots of good juju to all, lets finish this darn thing already!!!

Hol292
Newly Registered

Post by Hol292 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:18 am

My certificate is date 5th July, which is the same day I received an email asking me to confirm if my postal address is the same as on my initial application.

Certificate was delivered on 11th July so less than a week later.

Hope that helps everyone! :-)

Good luck to those still waiting. Not long now I’m sure.

shoileygal
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by shoileygal » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:02 pm

Hello to All. Just a note to update. I sent my documents and application in January 7, 2019 and received the email receipt within 2 weeks. The fee was charged to my credit card at the time I did the electronic part of the application which was September 2018. I called Dublin this week as it has been 6 months and he checked my application number and told me it is in the que but the processing time is now 12 months. He was very frank about it.

I guess I will reset my reminder calendar for January 2020.

Jacqui309

Post by Jacqui309 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:54 pm

On the 14th month anniversary of the receipt of my application I phoned for an update. The good news is I got through easily but the bad news is there is no news and no update. They just said it was active and to call back in a while.

spiderplants

Post by spiderplants » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:26 pm

Jacqui309 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:54 pm
On the 14th month anniversary of the receipt of my application I phoned for an update. The good news is I got through easily but the bad news is there is no news and no update. They just said it was active and to call back in a while.
Hi Jacqui

Is yours straightforward or have they previously been in touch with you for more information?

Lee2521
Ireland

Post by Lee2521 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:03 pm

Here is a link about The Irish passport service numbers stated by The Tanaiste and Minister for foreign affairs Simon Coveney for 2017 to 2019 and so far this year 500,000 passports have been issued.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/alm ... 37023.html

Jacqui309

Post by Jacqui309 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:37 pm

spiderplants wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:26 pm
Jacqui309 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:54 pm
Hi Jacqui

Is yours straightforward or have they previously been in touch with you for more information?
They did come back for some more info but that was in October last year

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:10 pm

May 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.
Jacqui309 – received May 15th / Pending
Emma86 – received May 30th (Added to FBR November 20th 2018)

June 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.
Ben321 – received mid-June / Pending
Cindy – received June 14th / Pending
156Nathan – received June 16th (Added to FBR November 14th 2018)

July 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.
Brawn – received July 2nd (Added to FBR March 13th 2019)
Jpauls – received July 12th (Added to FBR November 13th 2018)
BostonCeltics – received July 20th (Added to FBR November 15th 2018)
Samantha – received July 22nd / (Added to FBR July 2nd 2019)
James_mcfc – received July 25th (Added to the FBR November 27th 2018)
Rbs3 – received July 27th (Added to FBR March 26th 2019)
Rdslight – received July 31st (Added to FBR – unknown / Certificate received June 3rd 2019)
Richard – received July 31st (added to FBR March 10th 2019)

August 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.

Oction – received August 1st / Pending
Sean – received August 2nd (Added to FBR December 19th 2018)
Spav – received August 3rd (Added to FBR December 11th 2018)
Amcbamcb – received August 8th (Added to FBR May 17th 2019)
Hol292 – received August 10th / Added to FBR July 5th 2019)
Sulla – received August 14th (Added to FBR November 28th 2018)
LeifRNR – received August 14th / Pending
Laurie – received August 15th / Pending
Michael – received August 21st / (Added to FBR June 7th 2019)
Donna – received August 21st / (Added to FBR June 7th 2019)
Upliam _ received August 22nd / Pending
USczKat – received August 23rd / Pending
Pumps100 – received August 29th / Pending
MaddeningBike – received August 30th / Pending
Nydccub – received August 31st / Pending

I have updated this list in light of the addition to the FBR of Hol and Samantha. Yesterday, I heard from my tenant in Bangkok that his girlfriend (Samantha) received her certificate finally. She waited almost a year and there were no requests for extra info. I also added Oction in as I was not aware of his application before.

Jacqui's remains the longest wait at a painful 14 months. I can only presume that her request for additional documents / clarifications in October meant that her application got bundled with the large group of post August applications. These sat at the London embassy for months before being sent to Dublin at the turn of the year.