ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano application refused

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alana7
Grenada

Zambrano application refused

Post by alana7 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:04 pm

I made a Zambrano application on on 6th February as the partner and carer of a British citizen did biometrics in early March and got a COA with right to work on 18th March. After the new rules on Zambrano I got a refusal letter dated 3rd June but didn't receive till the 15th. I have LPA on my partner's health care and finances and property but the one on his health decisions I didn't receive till May 24th as we had a mistake to correct so had to redo it. I don't know if that made them refuse my application.
I only did zambrano as I had been refused a spouse visa that went to judicial review which the HO asked us to withdraw and then they still refused in 2012-2014. I then did 2 applications on human rights grounds which were also refused before we finally tried zambrano. And in line with the new zambrano guidance nothing has changed as we have no children but my partner has had new health problems. Anyway I have submitted a new application with both LPA's and waiting for a new acknowledgement letter as I have to report every two weeks as well.
Any thoughts as to why I was refused.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Zambrano application refused

Post by Obie » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:59 pm

What is LPA
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:40 pm

Can you share your refusal letter .
Hide your personal information and case ref number
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:48 am

Obie wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:59 pm
What is LPA
Lasting power of attorney. This can be held for one by another for health, finance or welfare. It can be on one or all three. It means the person holding LPA on behalf of the other can act in their best interest.

alana7
Grenada

Post by alana7 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:18 pm

My solicitor does not want to give me my refusal notice as I have not finished paying my fees for this new application so I don't know what it actually says. It's really tough when you have to £1800 in fees to send an application that costs £65 and I wish I knew this before I left one job to get another when I got refused and so do not have a valid COA now. In the meantime I have requested a Zambrano paper form although I do not have a residence card but hey it can't hurt and its free.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:26 pm

Write to the Home Office and inform them of this and ask for them to resend your decision.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

alana7
Grenada

Post by alana7 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:10 pm

Thank you Obie. Will do.

alana7
Grenada

Post by alana7 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:51 am

Hi Obie. I have now applied for the EU Settlement Zambrano scheme and waiting for my biometrics letter. I had to laugh because after I sent it my solicitor called and said he sent the second DRF1 application after all and the biometrics letter came and he was mailing it to me. Topsibelle told me forget his application in the EU settlement scheme zambrano page and I have so just waiting for the settlement scheme biometrics letter to come. Thank for your help will keep you and thr others up to date here and on the other page.