ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 1G & Naturalisation Calculator

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jojoie
Newly Registered
Ireland

Stamp 1G & Naturalisation Calculator

Post by jojoie » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:29 am

Hi,
My spouse moved to Stamp 1G (from Stamp 3) as a spouse of CSEP holder. This stamp is reconable for the residence, but we can't select it in Naturalization Calculator. This calculator wasn't updated since 2018 so it doesn't include recent (April) changes. I've sent an email to citizenshipinfo, no answer so far.

Does anyone have information on the matter? What should we select in the calculator? May be similar situation?
Periods spent on Stamp 1G are considered as reckonable residence for the purpose of making an application for Citizenship/Naturalisation

Lynx14
Ireland

Re: Stamp 1G & Naturalisation Calculator

Post by Lynx14 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:41 am

Hi. Sorry for hijacking post.

I was on stamp 1G after graduation and now received stamp 4S (new student scheme).

Is my stamp 1G also considered to be reckonable? If anyone can provide any links to official info that would be really helpful

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:14 pm

Just select Stamp 1 in the calculator, and write down a note when you print out the result.

Stamp 1G as graduate scheme is not reckonable. It has the exact same status as Stamp 2 as specified on INIS website.

ScienceFall
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ScienceFall » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:00 pm

Lynx14 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:41 am

I was on stamp 1G after graduation and now received stamp 4S (new student scheme).

Is my stamp 1G also considered to be reckonable? If anyone can provide any links to official info that would be really helpful
There have been some new changes. There are now two categories of stamp 1G. One category is a post study visa which is not reckonable. The second category is for spouses of critical skills work permit holders, theirs is reckonable. This was introduced very recently to allow spouses of critical skills work permit holders to access the job market.

jojoie
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jojoie » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:52 pm

ScienceFall wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:00 pm
There have been some new changes. There are now two categories of stamp 1G. One category is a post study visa which is not reckonable. The second category is for spouses of critical skills work permit holders, theirs is reckonable. This was introduced very recently to allow spouses of critical skills work permit holders to access the job market.
Correct, I was asking about this new category of Stamp 1G which is reconable, but the Calculator doesn't have selection for 1G yet.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/re ... ps#stamp1g
Summary of employment conditions for spouses and de facto partners of CSEP holders and researchers on a Hosting Agreement permission
Permitted to work in the State without the requirement to obtain a work permit
Periods spent on Stamp 1G are considered as reckonable residence for the purpose of making an application for Citizenship/Naturalisation

Lynx14
Ireland

Post by Lynx14 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:51 pm

ScienceFall wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:00 pm
Lynx14 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:41 am

Thank you very much for your reply