ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU national Spouse Visa applying from the UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

FEUK
Newly Registered

EU national Spouse Visa applying from the UK

Post by FEUK » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:46 pm

Hi All,

I am an EU citizen living and working in the UK for the past 2 years. My wife is currently living with me under a Tier 2 visa from her company which is due to expire soon.

I am looking into applying for the EU family visa for her, however, on the GOV.UK website it says that she would have to apply for it from outside the UK what would be a problem for her since she is working and can't go on leave for that long (they mention up to 6 weeks!!).

I saw in another session a process to apply for the UK Residence card, which seems to be much easier, and by my understanding, we would tick all the boxes for that.

Can asomeone more familiar with the process help me please?

Thank you!

Casa

Re: EU national Spouse Visa applying from the UK

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:58 pm

Your wife can apply for an EEA residence card from within the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-resid ... ligibility
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

FEUK
Newly Registered

Re: EU national Spouse Visa applying from the UK

Post by FEUK » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:10 am

Casa wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:58 pm
Your wife can apply for an EEA residence card from within the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-resid ... ligibility
Great news. Thank you for the reply!
I was really worried that she might have to do it from outside and consequently lose the position.