ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby with Irish father require EEA FP?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nialld87
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Baby with Irish father require EEA FP?

Post by nialld87 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:15 am

Hi all,

Firstly thank you for all the information i have received so far.

I have a query regarding coming back to the UK to work.

I hold an Irish passport, my wife is applying for an EEA FP on her Australian passport, our son who has an Australian passport and is entitled to an Irish passport although he has not got one yet - does he need an EEA FP? or can he enter on his Australian passport and apply for his Irish passport while he is in the UK allowing him to stay there? Our son is 9 weeks old and we will not have enough time to apply for his Irish passport before we leave Australia.

Thanks,
Niall

jmedina
Mood:
Argentina

Re: Baby with Irish father require EEA FP?

Post by jmedina » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:24 pm

Your baby doesn't need a Family Permit. In theory, neither does your wife. Family Permit simply makes it easier on the border officer, so although not mandatory, it is highly recommended.
As for your baby, just make sure you have a birth certificate where it clearly states that you are the father and that's it.