ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa - Expired Outside UK

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

helpmehelpall
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa - Expired Outside UK

Post by helpmehelpall » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:55 am

Dear Friends,

Appreciate helping out in my case where i had traveled out of UK during Xmas Vacations Dec 2018 and couldn't comeback to UK due to Family Circumstances in which my visa got expired in Feb 2019.

Since i had fulfilled all requirements including 200K£ as well as 2 x Full Time Jobs therefore i am just finding out that is there any way out to process my extension application?

Looking forward to hearing from the experts for such exception.

Thanking you all in anticipation

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa - Expired Outside UK

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:11 am

Your continuity of residence is broken now as you have been absent for more than 180 days.

Tier 1 Ent route is also closed now for applications outside the UK. You can only apply for an extension within the UK and this no longer applies to you as your visa already expired months ago.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

helpmehelpall
Newly Registered

Post by helpmehelpall » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:26 am

Thanks

Since my business is still active with reasonable sales, could this be of any benefit to opt for some new route that is matching to my situation?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:46 am

You now only have the Start Up visa (likely not applicable to you) or the Innovator visa. You need endorsement for both. Start Up does not lead to ILR either.

start-up-and-innovator-visas/start-up-v ... 78157.html

start-up-and-innovator-visas/innovator- ... 78156.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:46 pm

helpmehelpall wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:55 am
Dear Friends,

Appreciate helping out in my case where i had traveled out of UK during Xmas Vacations Dec 2018 and couldn't comeback to UK due to Family Circumstances in which my visa got expired in Feb 2019.

Since i had fulfilled all requirements including 200K£ as well as 2 x Full Time Jobs therefore i am just finding out that is there any way out to process my extension application?

Looking forward to hearing from the experts for such exception.

Thanking you all in anticipation
You should be able to apply for extension.

The immigration rules 245D state that:

(ii) Individuals who have entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain as:
(1) a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant
(2) a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Migrant, or
(3) a Start-up migrant, having previously held leave as a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Migrant,
or have had such leave in the 12 months immediately before the date of application, may apply under these rules to extend their stay or for indefinite leave to remain.

Since you are within 12 months, you should be able to apply.

As CR001 mentioned, since you have been away for 180 days, you will have a challenge qualifying for ILR though. You would need to complete 5 years by 6 April 2025, which is not impossible but extremely tight.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:06 pm

@ marcnath, the ops visa expired in February, it will be challenging to apply for a new entry clearance visa outside the UK. There is no option to apply from outside the UK anymore and the extension tab clearly states an applicant must be in the UK to apply.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/extend-your-visa

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... trepreneur
Char (CR001 not Casa)

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:38 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:06 pm
@ marcnath, the ops visa expired in February, it will be challenging to apply for a new entry clearance visa outside the UK. There is no option to apply from outside the UK anymore and the extension tab clearly states an applicant must be in the UK to apply.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/extend-your-visa

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... trepreneur
Agree that it will be challenging. Hence my expression of "should be able..."instead of "can ...".

The immigration rules do seem to allow this.

Clause 245D(a)(ii) and the Entry clearance section 245DB(e) both are explicit about the applicability of the 12 month time period. The fact that 245DB allows this clearly contradicts any requirement to be in the UK.

But I can't find the mechanism to do this.

OP should contact HO stating these clauses and get guidance on how to apply under these rules.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.