ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent Visa Extension(IHS)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pradee04
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Dependent Visa Extension(IHS)

Post by pradee04 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:47 pm

Hi,
I recently got my ILR. Before that I was on Tier 2 general visa. My wife has been on dependent visa for about 2+ years so far. I now need to renew my wife visa for 3 years(As PBS dependent visa). After filling up the online application, on IHS paying screen its asking me enter my ILR visa validity date which in fact valid for almost five years. IHS is getting calculated based on ILR validity. So It is asking me pay for 5 years, However I only need my wife visa for 3 more years. I am sure lot of people would have been in the same situation before after new online portal thing.. Any one knows a way to pay IHS just for 3 years ???. or what is actual/official work around for this scenario????

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Dependent Visa Extension(IHS)

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:23 am

I am sure lot of people would have been in the same situation before after new online portal thing.. Any one knows a way to pay IHS just for 3 years ???. or what is actual/official work around for this scenario????
If you had taken the time to search through a few recent topics, you will see the answer to this question time and time again is to put your ILR expiry date as 2022, so 3 years from now, to get the correct IHS fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pradee04
Newly Registered
India

Post by pradee04 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:28 am

Thanks. Yes. I saw this suggestion is one of the post. But my concern is it OK to do this. I mean change ILR expiring date ???

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:21 pm

Ho is aware of the IHS glitch. No issue and many have done this and received approval.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.