ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is an official Pakistani driving license valid in the UK?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jhelumi
Mood:

Is an official Pakistani driving license valid in the UK?

Post by Jhelumi » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:35 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know whether a Pakistani Drivers Licence (for a car) is valid in the UK or does the newcomer need to do a theory test and re-do a driving test in the UK?

I've also heard that offical studyies towards a theory test are now also being taught in Pakistan, is this true (in the same schools where people would study for their A1 tests)? If so, can the theory test also be taken in Pakistan?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Casa

Re: Is an official Pakistani driving license valid in the UK?

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:33 pm

Jhelumi wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:35 pm
Hi,

Does anyone know whether a Pakistani Drivers Licence (for a car) is valid in the UK or does the newcomer need to do a theory test and re-do a driving test in the UK? You can legally drive on your foreign driving licence for 12 months from the date of arrival in the UK. After that you will have to take the theory and driving test.

I've also heard that offical studyies towards a theory test are now also being taught in Pakistan, is this true (in the same schools where people would study for their A1 tests)? If so, can the theory test also be taken in Pakistan? No idea. Wait for others to respond.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Jhelumi
Mood:

Re: Is an official Pakistani driving license valid in the UK?

Post by Jhelumi » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:51 am

Thanks Casa for the response.