ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When will I receive my delayed EEA family permit visa..

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Boakye12
Newly Registered
Ghana

When will I receive my delayed EEA family permit visa..

Post by Boakye12 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:07 am

My wife is pregnant and almost due for delivery and she is also a type 2 diabetes patient living all by herself in the UK, I have applied for eea family permit visa to go and take care of her since 16th May 2019 from Ghana all the message I receive is your application is not straight forward but we are working at it . Till now I don't even know what is going on with the application and my wife is so weak to do things for herself.
Please what can I do to receive the decision to my application.. Am so worried.

LauraN29
Newly Registered
Italy

Re: When will I receive my delayed EEA family permit visa..

Post by LauraN29 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:11 am

That is so stressful, I'm so sorry! When did you end up receiving an answer? I've been waiting 8 weeks for a decision on my application now.

Hola_
Spain

Post by Hola_ » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:32 pm

I also got a "not straightforward" email. I've been waiting for more than 60+ WD since biometrics. I sent a complaint and they said that I will receive a decision within 10 working days, I am not sure if they will really do that, 8 more days to go....

LauraN29
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by LauraN29 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:17 am

Hi Hola

I've been waiting 40+ working days and getting so frustrated! I also got the 'nor straightforward' email in my 2nd week. Did you file a complaint direct with the Home Office or escalate the call with UKVI (or both)?
It's 14 WD since escalation, and apparently I'm supposed to get some sort of update on day 15.

Hola_
Spain

Post by Hola_ » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:07 am

LauraN29 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:17 am
Hi Hola

I've been waiting 40+ working days and getting so frustrated! I also got the 'nor straightforward' email in my 2nd week. Did you file a complaint direct with the Home Office or escalate the call with UKVI (or both)?
It's 14 WD since escalation, and apparently I'm supposed to get some sort of update on day 15.
I sent a complaint in complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk , my case has been escalated 3x already and no one contacted me within those 15WDs

LauraN29
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by LauraN29 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:31 pm

Hi Hola.
I sent complaints to these two emails, and received a reply after a week with some actual helpful information:
complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk
UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I don't know if it was because of escalating (which I also did multiple times) or complaining.
I received a response from LiverpoolInternationalECMTeam@homeoffice.gov.uk apologising and assuring me I would receive a decision within 10 days. They've mad a decision now (it's day 10) but I don't know what it is yet.

Hola_
Spain

Post by Hola_ » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:14 pm

LauraN29 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:31 pm
Hi Hola.
I sent complaints to these two emails, and received a reply after a week with some actual helpful information:
complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk
UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I don't know if it was because of escalating (which I also did multiple times) or complaining.
I received a response from LiverpoolInternationalECMTeam@homeoffice.gov.uk apologising and assuring me I would receive a decision within 10 days. They've mad a decision now (it's day 10) but I don't know what it is yet.
That is what happened to me. Liverpool contacted me and I am now here in London.