ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa and bank accounts

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

berjerak2
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Spouse Visa and bank accounts

Post by berjerak2 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:28 am

Hello all,

My fiance, who is settled in UK and working in there, and i are going to get married soon in my home country. Then we are thinking of applying spouse visa. He will be the sponsor so i will not be showing any bank account and documents from my side,

I have 3-4 bank accounts which are active. One of them is my active payroll account and one of them is used by my family, who are bankrupted. There is no bad credit score on my side. The reason they are using my account is they need a bank account to get money from their client, both my parents are engineers and they work project based and get their pay after project has ended, anyways.

Now my fiance is saying, Home Office can dig through my accounts see random money income and outgoing with no source and they might ask about it. He is thinking this might affect our Spouse Visa outcome.

Does Home Office conduct a background check this through even though I am not the sponsor? I will be presenting my criminal record, or lack of criminal record, already. I have a good credit score. Is the money traffic in one of my accounts important?

Thank you in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa and bank accounts

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:29 pm

If your sponsor is working and earning sufficiently then HO wont be interested in your banks accounts if you are not willing to combine your income/savings.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

OlaSim
Mood:

Post by OlaSim » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:13 pm

Since you are not going to base the financial requirement on your account then no need.
You should base the financial requirement on your sponsor's own income.

On the online application, there is a question there that asks if you have worked before and if so provide details - I would suggest only providing the income on the active account (if this is the one your own employer pays into)
There is nothing else for you to submit after this piece of information.

Best of luck!
berjerak2 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:28 am
Hello all,

My fiance, who is settled in UK and working in there, and i are going to get married soon in my home country. Then we are thinking of applying spouse visa. He will be the sponsor so i will not be showing any bank account and documents from my side,

I have 3-4 bank accounts which are active. One of them is my active payroll account and one of them is used by my family, who are bankrupted. There is no bad credit score on my side. The reason they are using my account is they need a bank account to get money from their client, both my parents are engineers and they work project based and get their pay after project has ended, anyways.

Now my fiance is saying, Home Office can dig through my accounts see random money income and outgoing with no source and they might ask about it. He is thinking this might affect our Spouse Visa outcome.

Does Home Office conduct a background check this through even though I am not the sponsor? I will be presenting my criminal record, or lack of criminal record, already. I have a good credit score. Is the money traffic in one of my accounts important?

Thank you in advance.

berjerak2
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by berjerak2 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:24 pm

Hello, thank you very much for both of your replies. I was worried that whether if my accounts would be visible on a background check even though i do not present them all.