ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 - Youth Mobility Question

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alexb999
Newly Registered
Canada

Tier 5 - Youth Mobility Question

Post by Alexb999 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:34 pm

Hey guys,

I recently applied for a Tier 5 UK visa and was rejected as they did not accept my Mutual Funds as savings.

I travel to London for 3 days on July 23rd before 6 weeks of european travel and am looking to enter the country on September 14th.

I can re-apply now that I have converted mutual funds to cash but would not have time to submit my passport back to the VFI office as I haven't even received it back yet from the first application and need it for my flight on the 23rd.

What is the best course of action?

If I receive my passport in time can I apply again, opt to keep my passport; enter the UK on the 14th as a tourist and submit my passport at that time?

Will I be able to enter as a tourist on the 14th or do I need to return to Canada after my Europe trip to deal with the application process?

Can I apply from within the UK once I enter on September 14?

The Station Agent

Re: Tier 5 - Youth Mobility Question

Post by The Station Agent » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:16 am

I don't deal with YMS, but I can say you can't apply for it in-country once you've landed as a visitor. You need an entry visa first.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 5 - Youth Mobility Question

Post by sah10406 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:31 am

Alexb999 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:34 pm
If I receive my passport in time can I apply again, opt to keep my passport; enter the UK on the 14th as a tourist and submit my passport at that time?

Will I be able to enter as a tourist on the 14th or do I need to return to Canada after my Europe trip to deal with the application process?[/qiu

Can I apply from within the UK once I enter on September 14?
No to all.

During a trip to mainland Europe you can enter the UK as a visitor, but there is no way to convert to Tier 5 Youth Mobility. You can only apply for that in your home country.

You may want to postpone the whole European trip until you have the Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa for the UK.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.