ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife's and Child's VISA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Wife's and Child's VISA

Post by talreh20 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:58 am

Dear experienced members.

I applied for ILR (LR) on 26/06/2019 super priority service and received an email to say that the application is exceptionally complex so not sure when I'll be able to get the VISA.

My wife and child's Tier 2 dependant VISA is expiring on 25 July 2019. I need to know what should I do if I don't get the VISA by the 25th July? Which VISA to apply for them?

Can someone please help me on this?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Wife's and Child's VISA

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:08 pm

FLR Mr is they meet the English and financial requirements and ask app to be held pending the outcome of your ilr. If your ilr fails, their apps will also fail.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:12 am

Hi CR001

Many thanks for your reply.

My wife does meet English and Financial requirement as I earn £29k per year and have payslips to prove.

Would I get the refund for my wife's and child's VISA in case my application is not successful?

Also is it compulsory to apply for my child's VISA? She was born in Pakistan and came to the UK In Feb 2016 on Tier 2 G (Dependant) visa.

Just trying to work out if I can minimise the impact of any unfavourable news.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:18 am

Would I get the refund for my wife's and child's VISA in case my application is not successful?
No. Visa fees are not refunded if you get refused. Only IHS is refunded.
Also is it compulsory to apply for my child's VISA? She was born in Pakistan and came to the UK In Feb 2016 on Tier 2 G (Dependant) visa.

Yes, she must apply to switch at the same time as your wife. The child will only qualify for ILR when your wife does.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:32 am

Many thanks for all your help.

kind regards

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:04 am

One more questions, If i send my family to Pakistan, my two kids were born in the UK,
Once I get ILR, would my two uk born kids be able to apply for Naturalisation/Nationality/British Passports from Pakistan?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:15 am

would my two uk born kids be able to apply for Naturalisation/Nationality/British Passports from Pakistan?
Childre are REGISTERED as British. Only adults are naturalised.

Yes, you can apply to register them as British on form MN1.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:45 pm

Hi CR001

Many thanks for your reply. I have now received a confirmation letter from home office to say that my SET(LR) application has been approved. I now need to apply for my wife's visa and she needs to do an english language test. Can you kindly provide me with a link to where i can find the registered test providers and what score she needs in order to meet the requirement.

I have tried to search for it but there are so many things and I can't figure which one is correct for her. Can you guide me please and also can you paste the link for FLR (M) guidance.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:46 pm

She needs IELTS A1 minimum and can also do B1.

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications
Char (CR001 not Casa)

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:55 pm

Many thanks CR001.

I can see B1 is offered by Trinity College.

Is it GESE Grade 5 (B1) that i need to book?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:59 pm

Yes, any of the tests on the approved lists, i.e. Trinity IELTS or IELTS SELT.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:10 pm

Can you also please provide me with a link to the guidance for FLR (M)?

I have googled it but can't find it. Need to see the documents requirements.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:11 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:23 pm

Many thanks CR001

1 last question before I shutup, If she sits B1 exam now and the approved list states that the certificate will be valid for two years, does that mean when we'll come for an extention, in 2 and half years, she would be required to sit the exam again or would that B1 certificate be accepted?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:28 pm

If the test she does now is still on the list and acceptable in the future, then yes she can use it again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:12 pm

Hi CR001

Just need to ask couple of questions on Form M1 and Form FLR (M).

Form M1
- Do i need to post my BRP card and passport when applying for my UK born kids on Form M1?

Form FLR (M)
- Do i need to post my BRP and my passport when I am applying for my wife's and Child Visa on From FLR (M)?
- I earn £29K a year and in the same job since Oct 2015. Do I need to include my wife's employment? She is employed in a company in which I am a director and she is on Maternity pay at the moment.

Just so you know, I have three kids. 1 was born in Pakistan and two were born in the UK.

Many thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:17 pm

Form M1
- Do i need to post my BRP card and passport when applying for my UK born kids on Form M1?
Please, take the time to look at the sub forums and post in the correct place. Citizenship questions do not go in this sub forum. They are posted in the British citizenship sub forum please.
Form FLR (M)
- Do i need to post my BRP and my passport when I am applying for my wife's and Child Visa on From FLR (M)?
- I earn £29K a year and in the same job since Oct 2015. Do I need to include my wife's employment? She is employed in a company in which I am a director and she is on Maternity pay at the moment.
No documents are posted. FLR(M) is also submitted through UKCVAS. You only need your employment if it meets the £22,400pa requirement for your spouse and non uk born child applying for visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:21 pm

Even if it is a standard application and not the super priority, we don't have to post any documents any more for FLR (M)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:57 pm

talreh20 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:21 pm
Even if it is a standard application and not the super priority, we don't have to post any documents any more for FLR (M)?
No, you scan and upload through ukcvas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:05 am

Hello CR001

I am now completing the form for my wife and child and have couple of questions. I am not sure how to answer these:

1- The form states in Type of Visa "Family Route". I thought it will state FLR (M). Is it the right form I am completing?
Just scared of losing the fee if submitted the wrong form.

2- What type of Visa do you have to be in the UK. She currently has Tier 2 Dependant but the options are Visit, Work, Study, Family, EEA, Settlement, Other. Which one should I choose?

3- Are there any factors which will make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish in that country if you were required to leave the UK?
Should I answer yes or no to that? And what justification to be given if I answer yes?

4- My wife has passed the test Trinity GESE A1. They have emailed us the certificate number but haven't received the certificate yet. If I don't receive the certificate, can I submit the application with that reference number only?

5- Provide details of the role you take in the upbringing of your child?
Is there any thing that i should be careful before answering this question?

6- If you leave the UK, do you have the family to go to ?
Should I answer yes or no? She does have family

7- Was it arrange marriage? Should I answer yes or no?
It was an arrange marriage.Is there any thing that i should be careful before answering this question?

8- Are you the director of the limited company? This question is in finance section and we are disclosing my salary and not hers. So are they asking if she is a director of a limited company or are they asking about me?
I am a director of a limited company which is a completely different company to my full time employment company.

9- My gross salary remained the same throughout last 6 months. I was given a bonus in May 2019 which made my net amount changed for that month only. So which option should I choose from the following:

The Same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount.

I am ever so grateful for your help.

Kind regards

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:25 pm

Hello dear experienced members.

Can you please kindly reply to my above post please. I need to apply for her visa by the 24th.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:35 pm

1. https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-flr-m

2. Maybe choosing other is appropriate since you cannot find tier 2 dependant option but also check by clicking on work/family option too to see that is there anything underneath them.

3. Self explanatory question which need honest and precise reply based on circumstances

4. No. Wait until original arrive

5. Self explanatory question which need honest and precise reply based on circumstances

6. Yes answer it and give names & detail of few family members/relative/friends

7. Reply accordingly

8. Usually the questions of applications forms are addressed to applicant unless pacifically be asked about his/her partner/sponsor/other family members.

9.If you are working for your employer from at least 6 months then option #1 will be more appropriate where you have to supply 6 months of payslips and bank statements.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:43 am

Hi Seagul

Many thanks for your reply. With regards to point 2, I tried to choose family but doesn't shows Tier 2 G Dependant. There are no option if I select Work and the only one left is Others. So probably will be choose others and will provide a cover letter.

Kind regards

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:03 am

Hello Experts

One of my friends told me that instead of applying for FLR (M) for my wife i should extent their visa under Tier 2 dependant. He told me that he has done the same for his wife. He got his ILR after 5 years on Tier 2 General. I told him that it may not be possible in my case as i have got my ILR on long residency.

He said if I extend her visa on tier 2 general then her clock won't reset and she will qualify for ILR after 1 and a half year (my wife has been in the UK for 3 and half years). can some one please confirm if he is right in saying that?

Many thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:14 am

talreh20 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:03 am
. I told him that it may not be possible in my case as i have got my ILR on long residency.
Correct. You given yourself correct answer.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.