ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return of Documents - EU Settled Status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jestew
Mood:
United States of America

Return of Documents - EU Settled Status

Post by jestew » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:21 pm

Greetings,

I have completed my EUSS (BC) application in only a few hours - phew! It was not the nightmare I feared it would be. However, I only just realised that I need to travel to austria on 5 Aug - if I send in my application tomorrow that only leaves the HO 10 business days to return my passport - that doesn't sound possible.

I know there is a form for return of documents at: https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

But I don't know that form applies to EUSS.

My 5 year residence permit expires 23 Aug and I won't be back from Austria until 20 Aug. So I'm not sure if I should wait to submit the form until I'm back or submit it now and file an immediate request for the return of my passport.

Any advice? Thanks...
09/05/14 EEA FP granted
26/08/14 EEA RP granted
23/08/19 SS Application submitted
24/09/19 Biometrics submitted
06/11/19: CoA
21/11/19: Email that Settled Status granted
22/11/19: BRC by courier

Vin1990
Newly Registered

Re: Return of Documents - EU Settled Status

Post by Vin1990 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:16 pm

jestew wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:21 pm
Greetings,

I have completed my EU Settlement Scheme (BC) application in only a few hours - phew! It was not the nightmare I feared it would be. However, I only just realised that I need to travel to austria on 5 Aug - if I send in my application tomorrow that only leaves the HO 10 business days to return my passport - that doesn't sound possible.

I know there is a form for return of documents at: https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

But I don't know that form applies to EU Settlement Scheme.

My 5 year residence permit expires 23 Aug and I won't be back from Austria until 20 Aug. So I'm not sure if I should wait to submit the form until I'm back or submit it now and file an immediate request for the return of my passport.

Any advice? Thanks...
The EU settlement resolution team advises to send the passport after your travel, if you are travelling in the next 4 weeks.
Having said that, a friend sent his passport and it was returned in exactly 5 working days.

Kind regards.