ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependent visa from Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sheraz78
Pakistan

dependent visa from Pakistan

Post by sheraz78 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:39 am

This question is on behalf of my close friend.
He got 2.5 years discretionary leave after 19 years in uk. He came in uk on visit visa in 1999 and did not go back.
He has been granted 2.5 years discretionary leave.
His question is whether can he bring his wife from home country or he cannot.
when can he apply for ILR? After completion of 20 years in uk which is end of 2019 or after completion of 2.5 years X 4 discretionary leave periods
If he can bring his wife, which form and documents he should get ready

Best Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: dependent visa from Pakistan

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:42 pm

His question is whether can he bring his wife from home country or he cannot.
He cannot sponsor a spouse until he has ILR.
when can he apply for ILR? After completion of 20 years in uk which is end of 2019 or after completion of 2.5 years X 4 discretionary leave periods
Once he has 10 years on his current visa route, 4 x 2.5 year visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sheraz78
Pakistan

Post by sheraz78 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:03 pm

On which other visa category can he apply to sponsor his wife (Can he apply flr fp and once leave granted to him, he can sponsor his wife)
can he switch to any other visa ??

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:31 pm

sheraz78 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:03 pm
On which other visa category can he apply to sponsor his wife (Can he apply flr fp and once leave granted to him, he can sponsor his wife)
Still he couldn't be able to sponsor her. He need to have ILR. Alternatively her partner can apply at her own like tier4/tier2/tier1 visas. On his current situation I m afraid he has to wait again until ILR.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:32 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:31 pm
sheraz78 wrote:
Still he couldn't be able to sponsor her. He need to have ILR. Alternatively her partner can apply at her own like tier4/tier2/tier1 visas. On his current situation I m afraid he has to wait again until ILR.
The Tier 1 General and Tier 1 Entrepreneur categories are now closed. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:43 pm

Casa wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:32 pm
seagul wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:31 pm
sheraz78 wrote:
The Tier 1 General and Tier 1 Entrepreneur categories are now closed. :idea:
Tier 1 exceptional talent is still operative.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-exceptional-t ... ligibility
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.