ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Childs first british passport for non british mum and British dad

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

switmuffin
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Childs first british passport for non british mum and British dad

Post by switmuffin » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:22 am

Hello guys

pls i need your advice.

Im currently pregnant ( a female visitor in uk) for a british national, though we not really on talking terms

I plan on giving birth here in the UK and want to get a british passport for my child when born.

I dont plan on getting any settlement stay for me as i plan on going back to Nigeria.

pls whats the current process?

will they need the father at the registry when registering the child's birth?

also will they need evidence of DNA from at the passport office when applying for the child's first british passport or will his passport page be enough?

Reason i ask is because the father and i are not really on talking terms but hes willin to provide a copy of his British passport if i want to apply but not sure if hes ready to submit DNA evidence)

Also do i need to pay for nhs costs for giving birth here even though the father is british

Thanks a lot

S

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Childs first british passport for non british mum and British dad

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:31 am

Im currently pregnant ( a female visitor in uk) for a british national, though we not really on talking terms

I plan on giving birth here in the UK and want to get a british passport for my child when born.
You do realise you will be charged at 150% for the NHS usage.

Yes.
also will they need evidence of DNA from at the passport office when applying for the child's first british passport or will his passport page be enough?
Possibly yes.
Reason i ask is because the father and i are not really on talking terms but hes willin to provide a copy of his British passport if i want to apply but not sure if hes ready to submit DNA evidence)
Also do i need to pay for nhs costs for giving birth here even though the father is british
Yes. YOU are using the NHS to give birth as a visitor NOT the father. You will have to pay and can be charged 150% of the cost, a normal uncomplicated birth can cost between £3000 to £6000.

general-uk-immigration-forum/review-of- ... 57829.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:41 am

My case is very similar to yours.

Since you are a visitor you will probably need to pay the NHS fee for childbirth unless you already have NHS number.

Interns of the baby’s passport. The father will have to go with you to register the birth. Once his name is on the birth certificate you can get passport for your baby.

To apply for the actual passport all you need is the father’s name exactly how it is in the passport and his passport number to send off the form at the post office.

Make sure you use the post office check and send service. I received my baby’s passport within a 10 days.

I wasn’t asked for DNA so don’t worry too much about the DNA.
switmuffin wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:22 am
Hello guys

pls i need your advice.

I dont plan on getting any settlement stay for me as i plan on going back to Nigeria.

Thanks a lot

S

Happymummy
Mood:
Kenya

Post by Happymummy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:47 pm

You will need to pay for NHS.

As for the British Passport you will need the Dad to sign the forms and provide his details.When I did mine I had to write a letter stating that he is the biological father.They had to verify that by phoning his work place.(That is my case).

Remember you will have to renew it after 5 yrs for kids.
switmuffin wrote:
Hello guys

pls i need your advice.

Thanks a lot

S

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:42 pm

Eledumare wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:41 am
My case is very similar to yours.

Since you are a visitor you will probably need to pay the NHS fee for childbirth unless you already have NHS number.
You don't get free use of the NHS because you have an NHS number. All that number is is a link to the patients health records.

She will have to pay the full costs of her pregnancy and birth and 50% will be added to her bill.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:27 pm

JB007 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:42 pm
You don't get free use of the NHS because you have an NHS number. All that number is is a link to the patients health records.
Yes correct. NHS number is just a patient digital identification.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

switmuffin
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by switmuffin » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:59 pm

Thanks a lot everyone..

i dont mind paying fror the nhs cost. just wanted to fin4 out if i was losing out if i could give birth here without paying

i was more really concerned about my child's first british P because honestly im not ready/really happy to be begging the dad for any more eveidence than his passport page which hes ready to give only.

Thanks

switmuffin
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by switmuffin » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:01 pm

Happymummy wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:47 pm

As for the British Passport you will need the Dad to sign the forms and provide his details.When I did mine I had to write a letter stating that he is the biological father.They had to verify that by phoning his work place.(That is my case).

switmuffin wrote:
Hello guys

pls i need your advice.

Thanks a lot

S
Thanks Happymummy..Are you on a visitor's visa as well?

Happymummy
Mood:
Kenya

Post by Happymummy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:18 pm

I overstayed for 10yrs+ just got my LTR Recently.It has indeed been a long journey that God has seen me through and still guiding me through it.
I hope all goes well for you.
Please give us update.

switmuffin wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:01 pm
Happymummy wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:47 pm

switmuffin wrote:
Hello guys

pls i need your advice.

Thanks a lot

S
Thanks Happymummy..Are you on a visitor's visa as well?