ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Forgot to register with the police — will it be a problem?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

adhesiongel
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Forgot to register with the police — will it be a problem?

Post by adhesiongel » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:48 am

Hello!

I’m a Turkish national and a dependent to my mother who holds Tier 2 visa in the UK. I lost my BRP late march, and did not receive the replacement until early June, after which I went travelling (having completely forgotten about my police registration requirement). I can unfortunately only be back in the UK on the 19th of this month (July), and I will go straight to the overseas office to register. Do you think it will be a problem since that would mean my registration would be almost 2 months late? I am freaking out right now, though there isn’t anything that I can do about it. I would appreciate any responses!

Thank you !!

Aaronka
Newly Registered

Re: Forgot to register with the police — will it be a problem?

Post by Aaronka » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:07 pm

Any update on how did it go? I'm in a similar situation now.

adhesiongel
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Re: Forgot to register with the police — will it be a problem?

Post by adhesiongel » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:46 pm

Hello!

I went to the OVRO on the 19th as I mentioned, and everything went fine :)) They registered my new BRP and did not ask any questions about it which was such a relief! I think your experience with it really depends on the person you’ll be dealing with unfortunately, but I doubt they’ll do much more than ask you a load of questions if they don’t sense any bad intentions on your part. I went there thinking that, if it came to it, I’d just tell them the truth about my oversight and be honest about it. I would suggest you do the same and hopefully you won’t run into any trouble. Good luck!