ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

rothdara68
Newly Registered
Cambodia

SET(M)

Post by rothdara68 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:56 pm

Hello All,

What is considered the application date? The date you pay or the date of the appointment?

I am applying for SET(M) this August, so just to make sure I meet the 28 days (payslip and employment letter rule).

Many Thanks
Roth

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: SET(M)

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:04 pm

rothdara68 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:56 pm
Hello All,

What is considered the application date? The date you pay or the date of the appointment?

I am applying for SET(M) this August, so just to make sure I meet the 28 days (payslip and employment letter rule).

Many Thanks
Roth
The date you submit your online application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rothdara68
Newly Registered
Cambodia

Post by rothdara68 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:04 pm

Thank you Casa

Also, can I book appointment with Sopra UKVCAS in advance or do I need to wait until I make payment?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:47 pm

rothdara68 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:04 pm
Thank you Casa

Also, can I book appointment with Sopra UKVCAS in advance or do I need to wait until I make payment?
You will be directed to Sopra UKVCAS to book an appointment for biometrics and upload documents only AFTER you pay and submit your online application. You get 45 working days to submit your biometrics.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

rothdara68
Newly Registered
Cambodia

Post by rothdara68 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:09 pm

Thank you for all your help :)

rothdara68
Newly Registered
Cambodia

Finance - benefits vs public fund

Post by rothdara68 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:21 pm

Hello,

My husband is currently claiming PIP and I am applying for ILR SET(M). The question in the Finance section is confusing.

1.Do you or your partner currently receive any of these benefits? Yes, PIP as PIP is on the list
Then I am asked to supply:
- Official document from the Department for Work and Pensions or Veterans Agency confirming current entitlement and amount received for Personal Independence Payment
-Bank statement from anytime during the 12-month period prior to the date of my application showing payment for Personal Independence Payment

2. Do you or your partner receive any public funds? Yes, PIP as PIP is on the list
I entered amount for me as 0 and my husband for his PIP payment.
Now I am asked to supply:
-Bank statement(s) from anytime during the 12-month period prior to the date of your application showing payment for each of the public fund(s) you or your partner receive
-Bank statement(s) from anytime during the 12-month period prior to the date of your application showing payment for each of the public fund(s) you or your partner receive

Any idea what is going on? What should I do in this case?

Roth

rothdara68
Newly Registered
Cambodia

Scanning Cohabitabitation Documents

Post by rothdara68 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:20 pm

Hello All,

I am applying for SET(M). For cohabitabitation documents, do I just scan the first page that include the name and the address or do I need to scan every pages?

Thank you all.

Kind Regards,
Roth

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:28 pm

Provide scans of all docs
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rothdara68
Newly Registered
Cambodia

Post by rothdara68 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:54 am

Thank you all for your help

I wonder what is the best way to scan passport for SET(M) application. Since I need to scan all pages for myself and my spouse. Can I photocopy all the pages (can be in colour or black&white is fine?)? Then scan all the photocopy pages?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:46 pm

Copy only the first page. SET(M) has no absence requirement
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rothdara68
Newly Registered
Cambodia

Post by rothdara68 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:50 pm

Thank you Zimba

That would save me some times; however, SET(M) form does ask for absence in the application. I had missing entry stamp on my passport. Does it mean I don't need to submit any supporting documents i.e. booking invoice, boarding past, etc. Or do you think I submit them just in case?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:02 pm

Does not matter. There is no absence requirement and therefore no need to submit travel details

Edibe
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Edibe » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:59 am

HI,

I have just completed SET (M) application (spouse route) and was asked for travel details. Also it was my understanding that all pages of the bpassport had to be scanned, including blank pages.

Could you comment please.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:39 am

Edibe wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:59 am
HI,

I have just completed SET (M) application (spouse route) and was asked for travel details. Also it was my understanding that all pages of the bpassport had to be scanned, including blank pages.

Could you comment please.

Thanks
Asked by whom ?? Why HO needs your blank passport pages ?

Edibe
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Edibe » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:38 pm

HI,

The online form asks:

Have you been out of the UK since you started
living here?

When you reply YES it asks for details.

The document list asks for a copy of the passport. Blank pages are part of the passport. It does not say bio and stamp pages only.

Regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:45 pm

You are advised to upload the required documents as per rules. The online system is not accurate. You can choose to upload whatever you want. Nothing stops you

Edibe
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Edibe » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:59 pm

Thank you.

Can you please tell me where I can find the rules?

Regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:53 pm

Edibe
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Edibe » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:59 am

Thank you, however, the rules are helpful in understanding the requirements but are not helpful in completing the online application.

Though there is no absences limit for spouses the online process still asks whether the applicant has been absent and if so to provide details. I note that another poster to this thread is saying the same thing. Are you advising that we should ignore this and not complete this part of the application?

On what basis are you advising that only the bio and stamp pages need to be scanned? Is there a reference?

I note your comment that the online process is inaccurate but it is what we have to use.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:04 am

You need to state absences where asked in the form but there is no absence limit for spouse visa holders. Do not ignore it as the passport will clearly show if you have been absence and that would be failing to provide information as asked for in the form.

Remember that all future applications, ilr and citizenship, ho cross checks all information you have provided in the past.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Edibe
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Edibe » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:11 am

CR001 many thanks for your info.

Are you able to comment on scanning the passport? All pages or just stamped pages?

Regrads

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:12 am

Edibe wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:11 am
CR001 many thanks for your info.

Are you able to comment on scanning the passport? All pages or just stamped pages?

Regrads
You only need bio page and stamped pages. If you scan the entire passport, that is also fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.