ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

faruk1989
Mood:

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by faruk1989 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:02 pm

Heitomorrow wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:54 pm
faruk1989 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:28 pm
Heitomorrow wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:17 pm
faruk1989 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:01 pm

this means the application is not yet with case worker. this is the same email i received. i applied in April 2019 but its not been passed onto the case working team. i know for fact that once the application passed onto case working team, they decide it within 2 weeks unless there are issues
Dear Faruk

Do you know why HO not assigned our applications to case working team. Do u think there are problems with applications such needs some fundings or verification matters or Any immigration flags

Honestly there is no need to worry. its a case of our applications havent been picked yet. but the reason i got pissed off is they are not dealing with applications in date order. i am waiting like you and i think i would say to speak to your MP as i have done the same. tell them if they can give a push and get it passed onto case working team.

What did your MP said ? Did he write to HO

Not yet but maybe next week it will be done. This is what i was told today. So hopefully it should do something

Scofield0
Newly Registered

Post by Scofield0 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:06 pm

Scofield0 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:07 pm
Hi all, I applied on the 16th of March 2019, done my biometrics on the 18/03/2019. still nothing up to today.
Update! Got my citizenships ceremony invitation today for the 15/08/2019.

Good luck all and thank you for this wonderful forum that helped me and others.

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:00 am

Scofield0 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:06 pm
Scofield0 wrote:
Hi all, I applied on the 16th of March 2019, done my biometrics on the 18/03/2019. still nothing up to today.

what basis did you get your ilr or pr and were you non eu or eu citizen
thanks

mohsin83
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mohsin83 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:40 am

Hello,
I need some help with the British Naturalization application process of my son. I forgot to upload my Son's Birth certificate (UK BORN), and his pplication is in 5th Month now still I did not hear any thing from HO. Can someone please tell how can I provide that additionl document which is very important document for application process, as I got ILR and I am applying for my son's citizenship based on my ILR and that he was born in UK

samibano123
Newly Registered

Post by samibano123 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:28 pm

Hi Guys,

I was granted ILR on October 2018 since I am married to a British citizen I immediately applied for British citizenship by naturalisation when I passed the Life in the UK test. Before the ILR status, I was on a five years refugee visa and I was holding a travel document UN 1951 which expired on 18/04/2018. I did not apply for a new travel document when I had the ILR permit granted, I thought this may complicate my naturalisation process and I was expecting to get that in maximum six months. Now it is been seven months (applied on 19/12/2018) since I applied for the citizenship, I contacted the Home office to get an update, they replied me the followings “Our enquiries into your application are ongoing. Once your application is with a caseworker you will be contacted”.
I contacted them a couple of times more after the first follow-up and they said the status remains the same.

I am not sure how long more this may take therefore I am planning to apply for a new travel document but I don’t know if I am allowed to apply for it based on my current residency status (ILR) while my citizenship application is ongoing, if I apply for this document do I need to notify citizenship department or does this conflict with my citizenship application.

I really appreciate if can someone advise me on this matter, please.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:42 pm

samibano123 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:28 pm
Hi Guys,

I was granted ILR on October 2018 since I am married to a British citizen I immediately applied for British citizenship by naturalisation when I passed the Life in the UK test. Before the ILR status, I was on a five years refugee visa and I was holding a travel document UN 1951 which expired on 18/04/2018. I did not apply for a new travel document when I had the ILR permit granted, I thought this may complicate my naturalisation process and I was expecting to get that in maximum six months. Now it is been seven months (applied on 19/12/2018) since I applied for the citizenship, I contacted the Home office to get an update, they replied me the followings “Our enquiries into your application are ongoing. Once your application is with a caseworker you will be contacted”.
I contacted them a couple of times more after the first follow-up and they said the status remains the same.

I am not sure how long more this may take therefore I am planning to apply for a new travel document but I don’t know if I am allowed to apply for it based on my current residency status (ILR) while my citizenship application is ongoing, if I apply for this document do I need to notify citizenship department or does this conflict with my citizenship application.

Thank you.
Did you submit evidence of meeting the B1 English requirement AND the liuk test???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kamal150
Newly Registered

Post by Kamal150 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:47 pm

Dear Members,

Could you please advise if there is any policy guidance for the online naturalizaton application form?

Many thanks and Best Regards,

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:21 pm

Kamal150 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:47 pm
Dear Members,

Could you please advise if there is any policy guidance for the online naturalizaton application form?

Many thanks and Best Regards,
Refer to:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance
There is no online specific guidance - the requirements are still the same compared to the paper form.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Kamal150
Newly Registered

Post by Kamal150 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:42 pm

Thank you!

Akas14
Newly Registered
India

Post by Akas14 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:51 am

Could someone answer pls ...How does HO contact us incase if they have further enquiries or need additional documents ? Would one expect call on telephone provided during application or through postal communication ?
Thanks in advance !!!

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:45 am

If needed, you'll be contacted in writing, usually by post. Occasionally by email.

Akas14
Newly Registered
India

Post by Akas14 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:47 am

Thank you

Scofield0
Newly Registered

Post by Scofield0 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:18 pm

nasiaziz wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:00 am
Scofield0 wrote:
Scofield0 wrote:

thanks
long residence, non eu citizen.

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:32 pm

Scofield0 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:18 pm
nasiaziz wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:00 am
Scofield0 wrote:
Scofield0 wrote:

thanks
long residence, non eu citizen.
same here and applied exactly like u on 15 mar bio 18 mar and nothing yet its so stressful

Heitomorrow

Post by Heitomorrow » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:09 pm

faruk1989 wrote:
Heitomorrow wrote:
faruk1989 wrote:
Heitomorrow wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:29 pm

They don’t even understand what they are sending

this means the application is not yet with case worker. this is the same email i received. i applied in April 2019 but its not been passed onto the case working team. i know for fact that once the application passed onto case working team, they decide it within 2 weeks unless there are issues
Dear Faruk

Do you know why HO not assigned our applications to case working team. Do u think there are problems with applications such needs some fundings or verification matters or Any immigration flags

Honestly there is no need to worry. its a case of our applications havent been picked yet. but the reason i got pissed off is they are not dealing with applications in date order. i am waiting like you and i think i would say to speak to your MP as i have done the same. tell them if they can give a push and get it passed onto case working team.
According to some other members post, home office make checks before allocate to case worker. they randomly choose and pick some applications to make deep review such as internal and external checks. in this case it might take longer to make a decision.

We never know what stage of our applications whether it is in the queue for caseworker or still on checks or picked for random checks. They will not tell us the correct stage until complete the 6 month time frame.

I know there are some applicants waiting 1 to 4 years without any decision. they also not informed the correct stage for the 6 month and then they had received letters informing the application are on external checks and will be make a decision soon.

Our applications also not allocate to caseworker but in this case I’m not assuming our applications also picked for tendon checks but never know what’s happening.

I wish our applications also move next stage to caseworker and make a good decision very soon and end this long waiting

faruk1989
Mood:

Post by faruk1989 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:41 am

Heitomorrow wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:09 pm
faruk1989 wrote:
Heitomorrow wrote:
faruk1989 wrote:

Dear Faruk

According to some other members post, home office make checks before allocate to case worker. they randomly choose and pick some applications to make deep review such as internal and external checks. in this case it might take longer to make a decision.

We never know what stage of our applications whether it is in the queue for caseworker or still on checks or picked for random checks. They will not tell us the correct stage until complete the 6 month time frame.

I know there are some applicants waiting 1 to 4 years without any decision. they also not informed the correct stage for the 6 month and then they had received letters informing the application are on external checks and will be make a decision soon.

Our applications also not allocate to caseworker but in this case I’m not assuming our applications also picked for tendon checks but never know what’s happening.

I wish our applications also move next stage to caseworker and make a good decision very soon and end this long waiting

Fair Enough that they do checks randomly but in this day&age everything is centralised so if they want to find out anything about the applicant, all they got to do is write to Police or ring them up or NCA(national Crime Agency). and on top most of the people who applied based on completion of 5yrs period on spouse visa, they had an application for ILR. so before granting that they must have done checks on applications for Indefinite Leave to Remain.
So i dont think that this is the case as they can findout within a day about you.

Omyousif
Sudan

Post by Omyousif » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:59 am

Hi All
In two days I will complete six months and am still waiting, can you please provide me with the details of how to contact the Home Office about my application
Thank in advance.

faruk1989
Mood:

Post by faruk1989 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:11 am

Omyousif wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:59 am
Hi All
In two days I will complete six months and am still waiting, can you please provide me with the details of how to contact the Home Office about my application
Thank in advance.
what base did you apply for Naturalisation? if you dont mind me asking.
If you want, you can either send an email to NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk or you can ring on this number - 0300 123 2253. they will help in order to chase it up as it will pass the 6 months timeline.

samibano123
Newly Registered

Post by samibano123 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:13 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:42 pm
samibano123 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:28 pm
Hi Guys,

Thank you.
Did you submit evidence of meeting the B1 English requirement AND the liuk test???
Thank you for your reply, Yes I did, I have got a master degree from a UK university, I submitted a copy of my higher education certificate and the original Life in the UK result. My question is to get a new travel document while my British citizenship application is ongoing, first of all can I apply for a new travel document based on my current residency status (ILR), also if I apply for this document do I need to notify citizenship department or does this conflict with my citizenship application.

annpierce
Newly Registered

Post by annpierce » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:46 am

annpierce wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:31 am
I applied for naturalisation in January and I still haven’t heard back. My application is straight forward - ILR for 6 years and I provided all the necessary documents but still, nothing.
If it hasn’t been 5/6 months yet and you’re still waiting I understand the frustration of seeing other people get theirs early but trust, it’s when it’s been 6 months like it has for me that it really starts to get worrying. I emailed them a week ago and I received the standard “we received your biometrics” email. now I’m worried they hadn’t even checked my documents yet. I applied in January hoping to be able to have my passport by summer to go on holiday but now it seems unlikely.
Update, I finally got my approval letter this morning! It took exactly six months. This stressful journey is nearly over. I’m waiting for my ceremony appointment letter now.

Omyousif
Sudan

Post by Omyousif » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:53 am

faruk1989 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:11 am
Omyousif wrote:
Hi All
Thank in advance.
If you want, you can either send an email to NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk or you can ring on this number - 0300 123 2253. they will help in order to chase it up as it will pass the 6 months timeline.
We applied together me and my husband in 24th of January and we both refugees, he received a letter last week from home office said that his application will take more than six months but I didn't receive any thing for me.
We applied separately and each of us have a different case Reference.

faruk1989
Mood:

Post by faruk1989 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:11 pm

Omyousif wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:53 am
faruk1989 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:11 am
Omyousif wrote:
Hi All
Thank in advance.
We applied together me and my husband in 24th of January and we both refugees, he received a letter last week from home office said that his application will take more than six months but I didn't receive any thing for me.
We applied separately and each of us have a different case Reference.

Try this email address, generally its a pretty quick in terms of response back From UKVI. lets see what they say, try it though

sam86ds
Mood:
United States of America

Post by sam86ds » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:34 pm

I contacted HO twice so far via Email and got the same message as below:
Note: I applied online and paid the application fee in the 1st April not 4th!!

Thank you for your e-mail. All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 4th April 19, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

FMT

FMT Admin Support Nationality Group

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:57 pm

can any expert tel me as to what actually these emails means when they tel you you will be contacted within 21 days does that mean its decided or yet to be decided or when they say its with caseworker and u will be contacted in due course, because sometimes we hav seen that when someone who gets 21 days email they get the approval next few days and the date on letter is after the date of the email and sometimes the date is before the date of the email,,

ChristoforosP
Newly Registered
Cyprus

Post by ChristoforosP » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:56 am

sam86ds wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:34 pm
I contacted HO twice so far via Email and got the same message as below:
Note: I applied online and paid the application fee in the 1st April not 4th!!

Thank you for your e-mail. All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 4th April 19, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

FMT

FMT Admin Support Nationality Group
Hey, I submitted my application around the same time but had my UKVCAS appointment on the 26th of April. I emailed them last week and they said that a decision was made and the sent out a letter on the 18th.

If it's true that they deal with applications in date order then you should have received yours by now!