ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric card for NON-EU family member after applying for settled/ presettled status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Romy88
Ukraine

Biometric card for NON-EU family member after applying for settled/ presettled status

Post by Romy88 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:13 am

Good moorning ALL

I have two questions in a row:

1. Am I right thinking that EEA route of getting residence/ permanent residence card will be stopped on 30 March 2019? The reason I ask is that I received the letter from HO saying that my application was made under UK membership of EU but after 30th March HO will ask EU and their NON-EU family members to apply online for settled/ presettled status.

2. If anyone received biometric enrolment letter as NON-EU family member after they applied online for setteled/ presettled status? If so, how long did it take and how long it took to get biometric card with the new settled/ presettled status on it?

Thank you very much for sharing you views in advance.

PAPI
Newly Registered

Re: Biometric card for NON-EU family member after applying for settled/ presettled status

Post by PAPI » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:21 am

Romy88 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:13 am
Good moorning ALL

I have two questions in a row:

1. Am I right thinking that EEA route of getting residence/ permanent residence card will be stopped on 30 March 2019? The reason I ask is that I received the letter from HO saying that my application was made under UK membership of EU but after 30th March HO will ask EU and their NON-EU family members to apply online for settled/ presettled status.
Why do you bother to apply fo residence or permanent residence card when you can apply straight away for presettle or settle status
2. If anyone received biometric enrolment letter as NON-EU family member after they applied online for setteled/ presettled status? If so, how long did it take and how long it took to get biometric card with the new settled/ presettled status on it?
You will get a EU settlement card just if you are non-EU family member and if you don't have any biometrical residence card
Thank you very much for sharing you views in advance.

kamoe

Re: Biometric card for NON-EU family member after applying for settled/ presettled status

Post by kamoe » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:47 pm

PAPI wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:21 am
Why do you bother to apply fo residence or permanent residence card when you can apply straight away for presettle or settle status
Because there are pros and cons to both routes, explained in detail in this post.

It is misleading to claim that EUSS is the best and only useful route for everyone as of now. Rule of thumb is to give the facts and let OP decide.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:34 pm

Hello

Why do you bother to apply fo residence or permanent residence card when you can apply straight away for presettle or settle status [/highlight] - Because in my situation it is called "catch 22". I have already applied for Settled status 4 months ago. And I am still waiting for outcome. No emails, no calls from caseworker but just the same response from from Resolution Centre - "everything is fine, each case is individual and bla, bla plus apologies for the delays" (at least they confirmed that there is a delay).

Anyway, thank you for your comment :)

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:37 pm

kamoe wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:47 pm
PAPI wrote:
Because there are pros and cons to both routes, explained in detail in this post.

It is misleading to claim that EU Settlement Scheme is the best and only useful route for everyone as of now. Rule of thumb is to give the facts and let OP decide.
Your post is really good! But it's locked and I do not think that people will be able to comment on it.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:41 pm

Romy88 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:37 pm
kamoe wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:47 pm
PAPI wrote:

It is misleading to claim that EU Settlement Scheme is the best and only useful route for everyone as of now. Rule of thumb is to give the facts and let OP decide.
Your post is really good! But it's locked and I do not think that people will be able to comment on it.
Moderators locked it, not me.

I assume this is because they want to avoid divergence from the main factual topic into personal cases that would make it difficult to follow. It's just the way it is.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.