ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jideare
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by jideare » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:06 pm

Hi All,

Panicking a little bit. I applied online and have made a UKVCAS appointment for the 2nd August to hand in the documentation in the checklist and Biometrics.

Work just dropped a file on my desk requiring me to travel on the 6th August,How soon after you hand your passport over do they send it back?

Thanks in Advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:12 pm

jideare wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:06 pm
Hi All,

Panicking a little bit. I applied online and have made a UKVCAS appointment for the 2nd August to hand in the documentation in the checklist and Biometrics.

Work just dropped a file on my desk requiring me to travel on the 6th August,How soon after you hand your passport over do they send it back?

Thanks in Advance
They don't keep your originals, as has been posted 100s of times on the forum and in this topic!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Avi785
Newly Registered

Post by Avi785 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:47 pm

Hi guys.Is there anyone to help me.
I have been to croydon Center today.i uploded every thing except refree forms.they didnot upload aswell.
What should i do? Thanks in advance

Zak12345
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Zak12345 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:13 pm

Hello there
Did they return the original supporting document and your passport at the end of the appointment? Or they keep the passport ?
Please comment
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:19 pm

Zak12345 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:13 pm
Hello there
Did they return the original supporting document and your passport at the end of the appointment? Or they keep the passport ?
Please comment
Thanks
The whole point of ukcvas sopra steria is that you keep ALL your originals, as has been posted by 100s if members in the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cissacsr
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by cissacsr » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:36 pm

Quick one, I have my appointment to take the docs and do biometrics on the 6th in Southampton.

If all documents are just scans, why do I have to write my name on the back of the photographs for the referee things? Also, do I have to send a scan of the photo page of the referees passports? Thank you for any help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:48 pm

If all documents are just scans, why do I have to write my name on the back of the photographs for the referee things?
It was a requirement with the paper forms in case the photos became detached. I suggest you still get the referees to do it in case HO ask you for the original referee forms.
Also, do I have to send a scan of the photo page of the referees passports?

No!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

farzand_ali_548
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by farzand_ali_548 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:14 pm

Migrant18 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:03 am
Hello Guys,

Does anybody know how to contact UKVI for updates? When I did my application online and attended Biometrics there has been no confirmation of my application through post or email.

Is this a problem because its been almost 3 months now.

Many thanks to those who will reply ba
Have you received any response from UKVI?
It has been 3 months and even I haven't received any response, not even a confirmation that the application is being processed. The only thing I have received was the appointment confirmation and payment confirmation, nothing about the application.
Any ideas how to contact then to get an update?

jjvargas
Newly Registered

Post by jjvargas » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:32 am

For me it has been only 2 months but I am a bit impatient, I was even thinking to call the ceremony booking number of my council to see if they have got my documents. You can ask them with your reference number as that is the way they check it when you book a ceremony.

I find it incredible that we need to rely on a single letter that comes on 2nd class post.

Anyone else knows how to know if a decision has been made??