ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Japanese financial evidence problems Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tsuda
Newly Registered

Japanese financial evidence problems Spouse Visa

Post by Tsuda » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:58 pm

Hello

My wife and I wish to apply for her spouse visa within the next couple of months but we are having difficulties getting certain documents and are a little unclear as to how this generally all works.

firstly there are a couple of evidence issues.
We are unable to get a "marriage certificate from the Japanese government building in her hometown where we were married, simply because this kind of document doesn't exist. We can only get an 'approved' application of marriage document. Though I think it's possible to obtain a British marriage certificate if I take this form to the Embassy in London. In any case, would this approved application of marriage document be sufficient?

Also, my Wifes bank refuses to offer individually stamped bank statements. they will only offer electronic copies on A4 for 300 yen a month and will only stamp the first page not each statement. She has a logbook which she uses in Japanese ATM machines, this records all her transactions and is basically a more official version of the statement copies they are offering. but it wouldn't be stamped and it wont be on A4.

Secondly, we are still trying to wrap our heads around how this is all supposed to work. The online .gov application process doesn't really specify exactly where our supporting material is supposed to be sent, we are under the impression it's all online now? Do we upload through VFS? are we supposed to do this independently of our .gov application or are the two linked after you pay the fees? will she scan it at her biometric appointment? how do I give her my documents? Im sure it says it somewhere on the internet but i just get vague step by step guides. Hope someone can enlighten me.

thanks for your time

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Japanese financial evidence problems Spouse Visa

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:25 am

Marriage certificate must be issued by relevant competent authority which should also be translated into English language. Your wife's Japaneese bank statements won't be needed if she is not combining her overseas cash savings to meet the financial requirement. Most recently the conveyance of documents to sheffield through post has been changed and now even UK sponsor can scan, upload & electronically send all supporting documents through his local VFS centre.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Tsuda
Newly Registered

Post by Tsuda » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:18 pm

Thank you Seagul.

we are relying on her bank cash savings to make up a shortfall of my income. where it states documents should be A4 could we scan her logbook over an A4 sheet just to format it as such or do the documents need to be original A4 documents.

If we want to send our documents digitally should we be making our application via visa4uk, Gov.uk or vfs ?

Thank you[

Tsuda
Newly Registered

Post by Tsuda » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:18 pm

Thank you Seagul.

we are relying on her bank cash savings to make up a shortfall of my income. where it states documents should be A4 could we scan her logbook over an A4 sheet just to format it as such or do the documents need to be original A4 documents.

If we want to send our documents digitally should we be making our application via visa4uk, Gov.uk or vfs ?

Thank you[

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:29 pm

For cash savings they usually accept bank statements only.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.