ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Spouse Visa From a country that you are not a citizen

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

prsju19
Newly Registered

Applying Spouse Visa From a country that you are not a citizen

Post by prsju19 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:09 pm

Hello,

I am a British citizen & my wife is a Sri Lankan citizen who is currently studying in Japan. I want her to apply for UK spouse visa. Is it possible for her to apply UK spouse visa from Japan (She have Japanese student Visa for another 1.5 years) or does she need to go back to Sri Lanka to apply for the spouse UK visa. Can anyone give us an advice.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying Spouse Visa From a country that you are not a citizen

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:26 pm

She can apply from any country where she has legal residence and visa that is NOT as a visitor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

prsju19
Newly Registered

Post by prsju19 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:06 pm

Many thanks CR001 for the reply.

I have 2 more question that I need some expert views.

1) My wife have done IELTS Academic exam May last year. Do you think this will be valid for the spouse visa English language test?

2) If my wife is applying from Japan she does not need to do the tuberculosis (TB) test, as japan does not in the countries that needed the TB test. Am I right?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:22 pm

prsju19 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:06 pm
Many thanks CR001 for the reply.

I have 2 more question that I need some expert views.

1) My wife have done IELTS Academic exam May last year. Do you think this will be valid for the spouse visa English language test?

2) If my wife is applying from Japan she does not need to do the tuberculosis (TB) test, as japan does not in the countries that needed the TB test. Am I right?
1. No. A1 ielts life skills will be needed.

2. If she has been living in Japan from at least 6 continuous months then more likely she won't need TB test.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:42 am

prsju19 wrote:
NOOOO, don't do that please :!: My solicitor gave me the advice of submitting my IELTS Academic C1 test (why not?) and my visa got refused on that basis only. Home Office clearly states you must submit a Life Skills A1 test.

rezuan88
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by rezuan88 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:11 am

Jaune08 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:42 am
prsju19 wrote:
NOOOO, don't do that please :!: My solicitor gave me the advice of submitting my IELTS Academic C1 test (why not?) and my visa got refused on that basis only. Home Office clearly states you must submit a Life Skills A1 test.
Hi People seems to misunderstood about ILETS. General ILESTS (Academic or Normal) is not accepted for Spouse visa. My wife did UKVI-ILETS got C1 (7.0) when I applied for, they didn't ask any question and her visa was granted. So make sure when you talking about ILETS please follow English Language guidelines which clearly states A1 life in skills or UKVI- ILETS :)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:54 pm

rezuan88 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:11 am
So make sure when you talking about ILETS please follow English Language guidelines which clearly states A1 life in skills or UKVI- ILETS :)
If its UKVI recommended test with UKVI number on it and of required level then it should be accepted.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:30 am

Though used SELT Academic at B2 and it was considered suitable, I have learnt on this platform to follow the HO recommendations/guidance to the letter. Please get your spouse to do the UKVI so refusal and loss of time will not be on such inattention to detail.

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:48 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:26 pm
She can apply from any country where she has legal residence and visa that is NOT as a visitor.
Hi does this apply to all countries. For example my partner lives in Afghanistan but cannot apply from there. The gov website suggests she applies from Pakistan. Therefore that is what we have done and the question regarding are you a national of the country you are apply from we have selected no. The box below we have put basically she has applied for a visitor visa as the application centre in Afghanistan is closed and the government website suggests we apply through Pakistan. Is this okay? Thanks