ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur ILR and PBS Dependent Extension

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Gladiator21

Tier 1 Entrepreneur ILR and PBS Dependent Extension

Post by Gladiator21 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:47 am

Dear Board Members,

This board has been immensely supportive throughout my Tier 1 Entrepreneur journey.

Now I am going for an ILR Tier1 Ent route and my wife's visa is going to expire on the same day as mine. She is not eligible for ILR yet so I hope Tier 1 PBS Extension is the correct option for her.

My queries are,

1. When I checked Set (O) form for my ILR it didn't have any option to add PBS Dependent category. Tried to fill out a separate PBS Dependent online form and when it took me on the IHS site, there supposed to be my name in the section Your are joining or remaining with this person in the UK' was my wife's name. And I am unable to change these details on this page as its greyed out.

2. How UKBA will track her application as nowhere its asked to put any reference or details of the main applicant.

3. Some places its mentioned PBS dependent should apply once main applicant has submitted the application, wondering if there is any way to make an our applications together as we did in the previous applications.

4. Do I need to provide 2 years of cohabitation for PBS Tier 1 Dependent Extension application?

Many thanks for your help

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur ILR and PBS Dependent Extension

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:20 am

Are you sure you are using the correct form?

The first question it asks is details about yourself (as you are the one your wife is joining)

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner

Keep both applications separate. You will have to apply on SET(O) and you wife will apply for a PBS extension. Use the link as stated above. Your wife is the applicant so answer accordingly.

Once you apply add a cover letter to hold your wife’s application till a decision is made on your ILR. A decision will be made on her application after your IlR decision anyways but she must apply before the expiry of her current visa.

Note you will need to show maintenance and cohabitation docs also.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:31 am

I just noticed the link I pasted above is for a dependent who is applying separately. But if the dependent is applying with the main applicant the online form should let you add her as per the guidance.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 3-2019.pdf

Please wait for someone else for the correction.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Gladiator21

Post by Gladiator21 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:11 am

Thank you very much for your reply.

The Set (O) form does ask if there is any Set (O) Partner dependent and then it goes onto asking about Life in the UK test and English Language test, that doesn't take PBS dependent into consideration.

So above questions asked in my first post still remains

That's the dilemma if anybody could please give me some insights into this would be much appreciated .

Also guidance says about Police Verification Check for the dependent who has lived in the other country for more than 12 months in last 10 years. As I didn't submit this in the last successful extension of my PBS dependent, are we going to need this for this application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:16 am

tier11417 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:31 am
I just noticed the link I pasted above is for a dependent who is applying separately. But if the dependent is applying with the main applicant the online form should let you add her as per the guidance.

The op cannot add the spouse to set o as a dependent. That is only if the dependent is applying for ilr at the same time as the main PBS visa holder.

The dependent has to complete a separate PBS dependent extension form!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Gladiator21

Post by Gladiator21 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:24 am

Thank you for your reply.

So for the separate PBS dependent extension application, the online form neither asks main applicant's details nor any section to put the main applicant's reference number, so how would it be tracked?

And another query about Police Verification Check, as per guidance Tier 1 migrant dependent stayed outside of the UK for 12 months or more in the last 10 years needs Police Verification Check certificate

Could you please help me in these queries.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:15 pm

Gladiator21 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:24 am
Thank you for your reply.

So for the separate PBS dependent extension application, the online form neither asks main applicant's details nor any section to put the main applicant's reference number, so how would it be tracked?

And another query about Police Verification Check, as per guidance Tier 1 migrant dependent stayed outside of the UK for 12 months or more in the last 10 years needs Police Verification Check certificate

Could you please help me in these queries.

Thanks
The link I pasted in my first post does ask the details about the main applicant (person you are joining) in the first question.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:16 am
tier11417 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:31 am

The op cannot add the spouse to set o as a dependent. That is only if the dependent is applying for ilr at the same time as the main PBS visa holder.

The dependent has to complete a separate PBS dependent extension form!!!
👍

Gladiator21

Post by Gladiator21 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:14 pm

Many many thanks for this, greatly appreciate !!

Just a last one, does PBS dependent need criminal record certificate from the country they lived in for more than 12 months in the last 10 years?