ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FIlipina Girlfriend, tourist visa to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lee7754
Newly Registered

FIlipina Girlfriend, tourist visa to Ireland

Post by Lee7754 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:06 pm

Hello guys,

I have been with my girlfriend since I was 14 and we are both 22 now. I have just graduated college and was working part time during college, and managed to save enough to see her twice in the past year for 2 weeks each time in Manila whilst travelling around the Philippines to Boracay etc. We have documented all our trips on Facebook.

I would like my girlfriend to be able to come to Ireland for the 3 month travel visa so she can experience Ireland, as she has never been outside the Philippines. How hard would this be and what would the best way of achieving this? Not looking for her to move here permanently yet until I'm about 25 as I still believe we are too young to make decisions like that. I still need to get my life more in order.

I have been earning money the past 3 years working at part time jobs during college and now I've finished college I am earning 40+ thousand at a major world bank in Dublin. I am hoping my income and sponsorship for the tourist visa will be enough, but as she has not yet traveled outside the Philippines I am concerned about the lack of stamps on her passport being an issue. I was planning to take her on a trip to Hong Kong, Thailand and Singapore (Where we will file our documentation for the travel visa at the Irish embassy there) if stamps are an issue sometime next year, but that would delay her being here almost a year.

Can someone advise me if applying this December, when we have seen each other 3 times in person (Going to Manila for 3 weeks in December/January) and my income with sponsorship would be sufficient without any travel stamps? Thanks.

joker
Ireland

Re: FIlipina Girlfriend, tourist visa to Ireland

Post by joker » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:58 am

If you want to get your girlfriend here then you must make sure she is going to return to Philippines. You Want to get married so apply for D visa forget shortcuts

Lee7754
Newly Registered

Post by Lee7754 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:24 pm

I am not intending for her to stay when she comes for her tourist visa(3 months). I just want her to experience Ireland, no plans to get married for another few years.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:42 pm

Hi

Essentially whilst your sponsorship is important what’s vital to her visa being successful is that your girlfriend satisfies the visa conditions which usually include, her ties to the Philippines i.e. family there, siblings etc, her financial status i.e. is she in full time/part time employment, has she savings or investments amongst others. In my opinion the above are more important than your concern of her not having travelled outside of the Philippines before.

Because it is your girlfriend applying for the visa, INIS will consider her circumstances first and foremost then your circumstances to reach a verdict as to whether she poses a low, medium or high risk of not returning to the Philippines at the end of her visit.

All the best