ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa still valid or not

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Happy38
Newly Registered

Advice needed for dependant, ILR 10 year route

Post by Happy38 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:56 pm

Respected members,
My graduate entrepreneur extension is approved after 27 months. Thank you for all for valuable advices.

I am completing my 10 years in October and my husband completing his 10 years in December this year. Should we apply together in December or should I apply ILR before him in October ? I have two children 9 and 4, what would they get if will get ILR. My four years old doesn't have any passport yet.
Advice will be much appreciated.

I thank you in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Advice needed for dependant, ILR 10 year route

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:30 pm

Ilr based on long residence does not permit dependents. Each person applying must meet the requirements on their own when they qualify. So it makes no difference if you apply together or not, you each still need to complete separate forms.

If your children are both UK born, they do not need ilr and can be registered as British on form MN1 when either parent has ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Happy38
Newly Registered

Post by Happy38 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:34 pm

Thank you CR001 for prompt answer. I really appreciate it.
I asked few of the solicitors they advised that If I vary my application to ILR in October, my husband visa will be cancelled because he has dependent visa for 2 years till July 2021, Is this right information? He is completing his 10 years in December this year.
Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:02 pm

The visa will not be cancelled but he cannot stay under PBS route or travel. The visa might be curtailed. So he has to switch to the family route FLR(M)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Happy38
Newly Registered

Post by Happy38 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:11 pm

Thank you so much zimba, so if i vary my application to ILR, do my husband have to apply Flr same time in October 2019 with me to maintain his continuity and he will vary his application to ILR in December 2019 ?

I thank you in advance

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:27 pm

I suggest to vary at the same time if you can
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Happy38
Newly Registered

Spouse visa still valid or not

Post by Happy38 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:30 pm

Respected members

I had tier 1 graduate entrepreneur visa issued in July 2019 and its valid for two years (till 2021) with my two dependents (husband and child) Because I completed my 10 years I got my ILR recently.

My question is my husband hasn't completed his 10 years yet, is his visa (tier 1 graduate entrepreneur dependent) still valid ??

I thanks all the advisors in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa still valid or not

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:07 pm

Happy38 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:30 pm
Respected members

I had tier 1 graduate entrepreneur visa issued in July 2019 and its valid for two years (till 2021) with my two dependents (husband and child) Because I completed my 10 years I got my ILR recently.

My question is my husband hasn't completed his 10 years yet, is his visa (tier 1 graduate entrepreneur dependent) still valid ??

I thanks all the advisors in advance
Fine to stay on visa till he applies, if he qualifies, for ILR LR in December, as already advised. Provided he does not travel out of the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.