ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Federicaaaa
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

EEA Family Permit

Post by Federicaaaa » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:58 am

Hello Everyone,

I've entered to England by EEA family permit that is about to expire within the end of July 2019. My husband is an EU national and I am a non-EU national. He started his full time job here since February 2019. We applied for pre settlement scheme and I got an appointment for my biometric information. Yesterday I provided my fingerprints and photo (‘biometric information’) in Cambridge Library and told me I will be responded within 6 months. These are my questions:
1- What I have to do while my family permit is about to expire? How can I renew in again while I am in UK?
2- I got a job offer (I am an engineer and MBA graduated), Can I accept this job offer while my EEA family permit will expire within 20 days?

Thanks for your help

kamoe

Re: EEA Family Permit

Post by kamoe » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:19 am

Federicaaaa wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:58 am
1- What I have to do while my family permit is about to expire? How can I renew in again while I am in UK?
You cannot renew a family Permit. A Family permit is like an entry visa, in the sense that it is issued to allow non-EU nationals who are family members of EU nationals to enter the UK. If what you want is to still have a document under the EEA route after your Family Permit expires, what you need to do is to apply to a Residence Card. Since you already applied to pre-Settled status, you don't need to do this, this is completely optional, and might or might not make sense in your case. See more info on both routes in this post.
2- I got a job offer (I am an engineer and MBA graduated), Can I accept this job offer while my EEA family permit will expire within 20 days?
As the spouse of a EU national, you have the right to work in the UK as long as your spouse is exercising treaty rights, and you won't be doing anything illegal if you do. The issue is to convince your employer that you have this right if you do not yet have a valid physical document to prove.

If you have already had the biometrics appointment for your pre-settled status, chances are you'll receive your new card before your family permit expires (the 6-month ballbark is only the maximum time they can legally take, in reality it is taking about two weeks). But a good call would be to agree with your employer on a start date after you have received your new pre-settled status document; this will reassure them.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Federicaaaa
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Re: EEA Family Permit

Post by Federicaaaa » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:13 pm

Dear Kamoe;

I should appreciate for your precise and accurate information. I got an email from Home Office that clearly mentioned I have been granted Limited Leave in UK for five years under the Immigration Rules based on my pre-settled status. I will receive my residence card within seven working days of the date of that mail.

As a non-EEA family members of EEA I can demonstrate my right to work in the UK with a valid biometric residence document, therefore I should wait for my card. I had a conversation with the employer, but they said when I got my card, they could proceed my application.

Regards,