ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**Please help me- Tier1G ILR Tax issues**

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 G - Switching CoS to other employer

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:30 am

Yes. I'm currently sponsored by a company and I've to find my own contract jobs.
I paid for my CoS.
Yes. The employer is going to take percentage of my earnings as commission.
What your are doing and have done is not permitted on tier 2 general and is illegal. Contracting under an umbrella company is strictly prohibited and a breach of your visa conditions. I am going to guess that you have been unable to get a contract job as no one will employ you as a contractor due to the employer specific visa you hold. Note that tier 2 general is NOT the same as tier 1 general was where you could work for anyone.
I've asked them not to take commission for 3-4 months till I get job. But they are more lethargic and didn't let me know that I need to get my payroll run from the start and now my CoS validity has crossed the 3 months time ( Will this be an issue with my VISA ?? .( atleast I would've rotated my money, now I came to know from few of my Tier 2 friends that I need to have my payroll active and proper records to apply for ILR )
On tier 2 general you are ONLY allowed to work directly for your sponsoring employer on THEIR payroll as a PAYE employee. Under this arrangement, you are unlikely to qualify for ilr. How did you find this tier 2 sponsor??
I'm now thinking of switching to other employer for which I need to pay again. All my fate. I don't even have that much money, but can manage.
If you are going to switch make sure it is a proper sponsor. Genuine tier 2 sponsors do not charge for a CoS or take commission or expect you to find your own contracts.
Is it OK that I can switch to a new employer like this and start with proper payroll ? Will this affect my ILR ? Please advice me on this.
You really have made a bit of mess of an already bad situation. Tax discrepancies on tier 1 and then this situation with a non genuine sponsor on tier 2. You can expect heavy scrutiny of an ilr application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.